por

After Teacher Yah dropped the bomb regarding her twisted pairings for the project, the rest of the hour is spent in small whispers and papers exchanged not so subtlety between students. I can't believe I've been paired with Freen, this must all be a big joke. But then again, if you go there, so is my life.

Sighing loudly and straightening up myself a bit, I bring my attention back to Teacher Yah, who's still talking animatedly even though, honestly, not half of the class is listening, before my gaze shifts on its own to Freen's slightly bended shoulders. She seems to be listening intently to Teacher Yah's words, taking some notes here and there in a big notebook. Her high ponytail discovers her white neck and I can't help to imagine her tattoo under her hoodie, wondering if she has any other ones. Tatoos, not hoodies obviously.

Finally, the bell rings, making me literally jump on my chair

Finally, the bell rings, making me literally jump on my chair. Everybody gets up rapidly, not even bothering to let Teacher Yah finish her sentence. It must be hard to be a teacher sometimes; I guess we're far from being the most receptive students.

While I gather my stuff messily in my bag, I give Irin and Nop a small wave as they're leaving the classroom. As I exit the classroom myself, I bump into something big, so hard I land directly on my bum. Looking up, I see the football guy from earlier, the one who called me to fuck off.

"What the heck, can't you look where you're going?" A mocking smile is plastered on his face as he watches me get up and put my bag back on my shoulder. He's wearing the college's football team's jacket, and I can't help to notice his remarkably wide torso, undoubtedly hiding big muscles.

"Sorry" I mumble, looking at the floor. I hate that I'm such a pussy sometimes.

Behind him, I hear Freen's voice calling from the other end of the hallway,

"Christ, hurry up Derek will you?"

Like a little lap dog, Derek turns on his heels, not even bothering to acknowledge my presence anymore, jogging lightly to join Freen who's, I can now see, waiting with her hands resting impatiently on her hips. Arriving next to her, he puts casually his arm around her shoulders, earning him a slap on the hand along with a flirty laugh from Freen as they make their way towards the main doors of the college.

Rolling my eyes, I follow them to go get my scooter, a sweet little thing I bought myself last year. Probably so cool, and practical nonetheless. Plus, I got it for almost nothing. As I fumble in my bag to find my keys, helmet under my arm, my phone rings, making me drop my keys.

 As I fumble in my bag to find my keys, helmet under my arm, my phone rings, making me drop my keys