eytin

Back with an update. I've been MIA for the last couple of days, HAHA. Never imagined that some places pala dito sa pinas still have weak network receptions, not really weak as in No service at all. wala akong internet for the last couple of days, and I'll survive naman pala. HAHAHA. so yeaaa! Back to Becky's POV, the same with the rest of the chapters.

**************************

I lay in bed, absentmindedly staring at a poster on Mind's wall.

I'm hungry but I don't feel like getting up and go downstairs to face the questioning looks of my parents that are most certainly wondering why I just spent the last forty-eight hours practically locked in my bedroom.

I also know I probably look like shit, having not changed out of a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants for the past two days.

But most of all, though, I feel like shit. Complete and utter shit. It seems I have so many feelings running through my mind right now that, in the end, they numb me. I feel too much but at the same time, I feel empty.

I didn't try to contact Freen or to talk to her in school yesterday. I didn't want to.

Our eyes met once, during Politics, even though we were both obviously trying to avoid the other as much as possible. She looked away almost immediately and I didn't know what it made me want to do more; punch her or cry.

I sigh, bringing my knees closer to my chest and trying to get any thoughts of Freen out of my head. In vain.

It's the moment Mind chooses to barge in our bedroom, singing loudly an annoying eighties song.

When she notices me still at the exact same place she left me a couple of hours ago, her face drops instantly and I can see an honest look of sadness in her eyes.

She comes and sits beside me, shifting so that my head is resting in her lap. Silently, she starts to run a soothing hand through my hair.

The gesture is innocent, full of a tenderness I haven't witnessed in a long time coming from Mind, and that's all it takes for me to break down completely after having tried to fight the tears all day. It's not long until I'm fully sobbing; messy and full of hiccups sobs. I'm shaking violently, my chest hurting whenever I try to breath.

It takes a couple of minutes until I calm down, completely exhausted.

Mind moves again so that she's facing me on the bed, an arm around my waist.

"Bec..." She trails off, her voice full of concern. "I hate seeing you like that. So... broken."

I haven't really told Mind about what happened. She knows it concerns Freen but I didn't quite feel like talking about it. That way, it somehow made it less real and final.

"I know..." I reply, my voice huskier than usual.

"Plus, you really look like, shit."

My lips twitch into a small smile and I sniffle a bit. "Thanks a lot."

Mind smiles too, pushing a strand of hair away from my face. "What happened Bec? It's Freen, right? You can tell me. I'm your sister."

Looking up from my fidgeting hands, I take my first proper look at Mind for the past two days, and I'm surprised to find she looks tired. I tend to forget that when one of us is suffering, the other suffers too.

I wipe some tears from my cheeks, deciding I definitely owe Mind some explanations. "Freen left me. She said she didn't want to see me again and..." I take a deep breath, willing the new round of tears I feel coming to leave me alone, "she said she regretted what happened between us..."