seben

I love to run.

Mostly because it's one of the only things Mind and I kept doing together over the years. We admittedly drifted apart a lot lately. I stopped being Mind's doormat and we both got our own friends, our own passions, our very own and unique personalities. It's been a while since someone simply called us the Armstrong sisters as if we only were a single item and I truly think it helped us grow into the people we are now.

So yeah, I love to run with my big sister.

It's currently eight in the morning on a chilly yet wonderfully sunny Sunday morning and Mind and I have been doing our usual run through the city, passing by the familiar shops and restaurants.

We barely talk when we run; I just like being with Mind in a way that doesn't involve make-up or boys or any kind of popularity whatsoever. She's so much more than she lets people see, and I always feel privileged that I get to see this side of her.

"Hurry up bitch, you're practically walking for fuck's sake!"

Although obviously the typical Mind side is never far away.

"Fuck off, I'm just going slowly because I know you'll never keep up with me if I switch on full Becky speed!" I reply, quickly wiping the sweat off my forehead.

Mind pushes on my shoulder and I nearly fall in the middle of the street, sending us in a fit of giggles.

"Shit, I can't run anymore, I have to stop." I manage to say through laughter.

Mind stops at my side and we both lean with our hands on our knees, catching our breaths. Fortunately, we're in good shapes so it doesn't take us long and in ten minutes we're out of a Starbucks with a warm coffee in hands, walking our way back home.

"Where were you last night?" I ask Mind after a few moments spent in a comfortable silence, both drinking our coffees.

"I had a date with Jason."

I shrug. "Who's that Jason guy?"

"Bec don't you ever listen to me?" No. "He's the cute guy from the football team I told you about earlier this week! He's been flirting with me lately and he's cute so I said yes when he asked me out."

"And since when do you do dates?" I reply, quirking an eyebrow.

"Huh, like forever. I totally love dates."

"Yeah right..."

"I had something to tell you but I guess you'll never know it now, since you're being such a cow about my date." Mind crosses her arms, walking a bit faster.

Sighing, I grab her wrist and make my infamous pout.

"Oh come on babes, I'm sorry. Please tell me."

"And?"

"And I know you do dates and I'm sure you're good at it."

"And?"

"And you're the hottest sister and I love you." I finish rather reluctantly. I hope the story's worth it. Mind shakes her head, a satisfied smile on her face and we start to walk again towards our house.

"So", she starts, "I was on my date yesterday with Jason, at that little restaurant you know, the one next to that cool bar where I met Carlos last month and in the street where-"

"Get to the point Mind."

She seems pissed off for a second but continues her story anyway. Mind could never resist gossiping.