25.

••••

••••

Standing in the hospital waiting area, Shakur paced back and forth. He had took the next flight out and had just arrived— the doctors still hadn't gave any word on Sincere according to Zu and it was driving Shakur insane. He decided against telling Kennedy or Joshua because he knew how much Sincere meant to them— meant to them all.

He'd took Kennedy to Joshua's to stay with him so she wouldn't be alone— even though they weren't on the best of terms he knew that Joshua still loved her and he opened his home to her for the time being.

Every since the situation with Cassidy's boyfriend she had been closed off and locked up into her room. Shakur had reminded her that it wasn't her fault— Kennedy knew that but she had never had something like that happen to her before so it was a lot to process and grasp. She felt bad because it was clear that her dad had a change in him and she felt like she had disrupted his progress and she didn't mean too. She had to tell him before the man possibly took it a step further— Shakur had always had that open line of communication for something like that so that's why she knew she could tell him. She wasn't at first but seeing him pop up that same morning must've been her sign to let him know the man made her uncomfortable and Cassidy brushed her off about it.

Feeling a hand on his shoulder he snapped his head in the direction of who was touching him. Seeing the man that Zu had said was Sincere's father— he mugged him and shrugged him off. "Don't put' yo hands on me." He spat.

Mason held his hands up in surrender, "I was just trying to see if you were alright."

"Alright? It look like I'm alright?" He asked, "I ain't trynna' say what I want too. Outta respect for Sincere but you ain't got to check on me, talk to me, touch me or shit,"

"Shakur' just calm—"

"You can shut the fuçk' up talking to me too nigga," he cut Zu off. "You mothafucka's want me calm? I gave you simple directions and you couldn't even' handle that! Then y'all ain't telling me shit' y'all wanna check on me so bad? Tell me what the fuçk happened' besides Sincere lying to my fuçkin' face." He yelled.

The entire waiting room had looked at him, "Nobody could have known he was suicidal! Atleast I didn't, and if you did why the fuçk' you ain't tell me or come here knowing he was coming to see his family?" Zu snapped back. "Be mad' at yourself! Don't you think it's hard enough for us already? Check' yo feelings before I knock you the fuçk out. I don't know what niggas you used too— I ain't one of em,"

Before Shakur could respond or swing on Zu how he wanted the doctor had cleared his throat, and told them to follow him to a secluded area for privacy. Sincere had asked of him to let his family know because he couldn't face them right now— and he didn't want to be the one to admit to what he had done. It was miracle that he was still alive but the doctors watched him closely because they could tell he didn't want to be alive.