7

*** Adinath ***

I felt a tap on my hand while I was deep asleep. I payed no attention. They tapped again. I was frustrated but ignored and continued to sleep. They tapped for the third time and my anger got the better of me.

"Who the-" I paused when Vaishnavi stepped back in fear.

"Vaishnavi?" I said sitting up and rubbing my eyes, "Any problem?"

"There are soldiers waiting for you outside," she answered, "They've been here for a very long time. Must be something important."

"Then they should've waked me up themselves," I said standing up and adjusting my hair infront of the mirror with my fingers.

"They are afraid," said Vaishnavi. I stopped and looked at her.

"Are you not?" I asked.

"Not as much as them," she replied.

"There is only one acceptable answer to that question," I said.

Vaishnavi looked at me to continue.

 "No," I continued and tried to walk past her but she held my wrist. I stopped and looked at her surprised. This is the first time she ever touched me.

Vaishnavi didn't reply but looked down to the sindhoor box in her hand just the way I did a couple of days ago.

Was she secretly trying to taunt and imitate me? I wish that was the case because I would find that very adorable.

 I took the sindhoor from her and applied it on her hairline.

"You won't need me from tomorrow," I said giving the box back to her.

"..Or...maybe I would..." she said and paused for a second.

I patiently waited for her next words.

"I don't have place for this on my dressing table," she said with utmost sincerity and prompted for me to take the sindhoor from her hand.

I looked at the dressing table. There is literally nothing on it, apart from some jewellery in the corner. 

I looked back at her. She is so good with her innocent eyes that I looked at the table again to confirm that it is indeed empty.

Oh! So she wants me to have the sindhoor so that we could have an excuse to interact everyday.

 Charming!

Yet I decided to be a little cocky.

"We can arrange for a bigger table," I said and I could see her expression change from 'innocence' to confusion.

"I was just trying to be hilarious," I immediately confessed not wanting to hurt her even as a joke. "I'll keep this safe with me," I said taking the sindhoor from her hand and smiled.

"And they say the devil never smiles," she taunted.

"Little did they know," I whispered, "I am not the devil."

Vaishnavi chuckled. 

"Good God! You look breath-takingly gorgeous when you smile," I subconsiouly said outloud letting my intrusive thoughts speak.

"What?" Vaishnavi asked surprised although she clearly heard me.

"I said you look breath-takingly gorgeous when you smile," I repeated a little louder.

Vaishnavi looked down and smiled and I found that to be even cuter. Am I so fully drowned in love with this women that anything she does is making my heart melt?