46

Thank you for 475 followers :)

Early update as promised ❤️

*** Adinath ***

"Your highness," Veer interrupted me as I was about to enter my chambers, "Here is the re-investigation report."

I opened it and was reminded of the general's stupidity the moment I read the first few sentences.

"You are supossed to investigate the existing case. Not add on new cases under Sruthi's name," I said angrily.

"Yes...your highness..." Veer stuttered, "but...the general said...."

"Tell the general his personal conflicts are not the state's problems," I interrupted him and threw the report in the nearby fire before entering my chambers.

*** Vaishnavi ***

I wonder if the dispute between the king and the general has been resovled....I am tired of pretending to be naive....it was clearly visible in their eyes yesterday, they were almost about to kill each other and the document I saw on Adi's desk after they left told me the reason.

If only I could get Adi to somehow talk about it.

"Morning, beautiful," Adi's sudden embrance form behind brought me out of my thoughts.

"You are back," I smiled.

"Yes, I am," he said and kissed me on the cheek while one of his hands made it's way to undo my braid.

"No don't," I immediately said, "Sruthi put a lot of effort into it."

Adi's fingers instantly stopped and his smile disappeared.

Exactly what I want to happened.

"You stopped? That's a surprise!" I pretended.

"It's...uh...it's a pretty braid, that's why," Adi smiled and stepped back.

I am going to make one last attempt and if he did not bring it up, I will just bring it up myself. I cannot let Sruthi go to jail.

"You suddenly look sad, everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah," Adi nodded, "All good." 

Okay I am left with no choice. Time to trigger the difficult conversation.

"Adi..." I said hesitantly, "I...know-"

"I need to tell you something," Adi interrupted me. "I know this might cause disputes but you have the right to know," he continued.

*** Nanda ***

The courtroom!

I've been visiting this place for as long as I remember and never did I find this traumatizing.

It's a place of justice!

A place where good wins over evil!

A temple!

Is what I was always taught, is what I always believed, but today, it felt like a graveyard.

Sruthi made a mistake. She deserves to be punished. As a general, I know that but as Nanda...my heart is not accepting this fact.

 I shouldn't have added those additional cases. I shouldn't have taken a decision in haste.

What if she hates me? I love her! 

I should've still protected her....

By going against the law?

Now I am hating myself.....