68

Target still has 21 votes, but whatever, here's a new chapter ❤️

Good luck to those taking the JEE exams, feel free to leave this chapter and come back once the exams are done haha

Same target 950 votes, 500 comments.

*** Adinath ***

"You ready?" I asked Vaishu as we both got ready for battle.

"Yes," she replied a little hesitantly.

This is not usually how she would react.....

"Everything okay, sweetheart?" I gently asked to be sure.

She nodded. "Yes, absolutely," she confidently added as if she is trying to mask off her fears.

What happened?

"I will be on the defence," I said in attempts to calm any fears she might be having, "You are incharge," I added and saw a slight relief in her eyes.

"You can start the countdown too," I said. Vaishu nodded and began the countdown, "3....2....1..." she said and began the attack while I defended, carefully planning my moves to make sure that I do not intimidate her but soon Vaishu picked up the pace and so did I.

The intensity of the battle increased and with time, Vaishu accidentally missed a move, allowing me to take the attack stand. I began the attack and Vaishu defended my first strike, although she looked a little hesitant. She defended the second one too but by the third strike, she simply dropped her sword and raised her hand across her face as if someone is about to hit her.

I felt my heart break at that sight.

"Vaishu, sweetheart, what happened?" I asked immediately dropping my sword and taking her in my embrace.

"I...I got scared," Vaishu started crying in my arms as she hugged me.

"Scared?" I asked surprised as I held her face, "scared of what, sweetheart?"

She remained silent.

"Me?" I asked again.

"No...no," Vaishu immediately shook her head, "I...I just got distracted...that's all...." "Let's..." she said wiping off her tears and trying to walk past, "Let's continue with the practice..."

"No, no, Vaishu," I held her hand and stopped her, "I don't care about the practice. I care about you and I need to know what happened."

Vaishu started crying again.

"I will....always....remain a coward," she said in between sobs.

"Vaishu...why would you think that?" I carefully asked her gently holding her shoulders.

"Because..." she sobbed, "because you yelled at me....this morning...."

"Vaishu that was just to..."

"To just prove a point, not intentionally, I know" she immediately interrupted me, "....and then...and then we...did have a normal conversation.....I even told you and the general off....so...everything should be fine....right?" 

I remained silent.

"Right?" she asked again crying.

"Vaishu please tell me what happened after that," I asked having no answer to her question.

"But still...." she took a deep breath to make sure her words are heard through her sobs. "it still stayed in my mind....and...." she said as her innocent eyes filled with tears burned my soul, "....and when you started to attack....even though it wasn't aggressive....I got...I got...scared....and....and...the familiar fear came back...."