38

Here is an early update for y'all :)

I actually had a very busy day and am very tired but one of the readers said it's her birthday so couldn't deny 😅 and of course how I could I forget,  thank you so very much to everyone who followed me. I went from 293 to 310. 

Although we did not reach the target, it's still a lot and I am truly grateful to every single one of you 💗🙏

To those who didn't, would you follow me if I say "please 🥹"

Jokes apart, here's the chapter, enjoy!

*****************

*** Vaishnavi ***

"I...ran away," I said slowly gaining courage, "Punish me if you want to....do not punish the general...or anyone else....or yourself."

Adi clenched his jaw and looked away for a second to control his anger before looking back at me.

"It is not a wise idea to tempt my fury, love," he warned, "Leave!"

That statement made my heart shiver. Every part of my existence begged me to leave. Yet I stayed and whispered "No."

"No?" Adi asked both angry and surprised.

"No," I said a little louder looking at him.

"Alright," Adi nodded. "General, leave," he said with his eyes still on me.

"Your highness," the general stepped forward to convince me.

"She will be fine," Adi interrupted. "Or atleast that is what she think."

The general still did not leave and looked at me as if asking for permission. I nodded and after hesitating for a few minutes the general reluctantly left.

As the distant sound of his footsteps left the room my anxiety continued to increase as I began to question myself the stupidity of my decision and unknowingly I tightened my grip on the sacred thread in my hand.

"Why are you holding onto that?" Adi asked with a hint of sarcasm, "Need protection from the devil?"

"You can take it from me, if you want," I said extending my palm to give him the thread that I was holding, "But you are not the devil."

Adi looked at the thread and back at me. He still looked angry so I mentally prepared myself for the worst possible outcome but to my surprise he took the thread, rotated my hand and started tying it on my wrist.

"Do you not love me?" he asked in a calmer but still stern voice.

"Of couse I do, Adi," I immediately replied, "You are the love of my life."

"The love you ran away from?" Adi said lifting his eyes.

"That is not true," I said as my heart almost broke at his statement.

"That is the truth I see," Adi argued, "And the truth I will continue to see as long as you keep hiding things from me."

I remained silent.

"If you want our relationship to continue, tell me everything," Adi said, "Every little thing, every damn detail of your life. I need to know."

I still remained silent contemplating. Adi shook his head in disappointment and was about to leave but I held his hand.

"I will tell you everything," I said, "but...after Vijayadasami celebrations."

"Always taking time," Adi whispered to himself in frustration and freed his hand from my grip.