79

Early update.....which to be perfectly candid is for a slightly selfish reason....I want you all to go anf see the reels on my page and especially the comments....they are hilarious....people who are running those accounts are so into character that sometimes I am plesantly terrified at the accuracy lol anyway....I am going to put on my smart person hat now.

Target for next chapter - 1.2K votes 650 comments

*** Sruthi ***

"Stop Ms. Sruthi," the soldiers said putting their spears forward to make a cross, "The Finance Minister made it clear that he does not wish to see anyone."

"But we are representatives of the Queen!" Naina oppossed.

"And these are the orders of the acting King, Ms. Naina," the soldier replied rather harshly.

I hate these new soldiers that were appointed by the Finance Minister. 

The General's army had never disrespected us or anyone this way!

For the past one week, we've been asking about updates on the King. 

Initially the Finance minister met us himself and said they are waiting, then it went to him sending replies via the soldiers, and now....we are not even allowed inside....

"If you keep up with this, sir," Naina said firmly, "I am going to have to complain to the Queen!"

"How dare you?" the soldier suddenly changed his demeanor and was about to raise his hand but a knife passed by from behind us pinning the soldier's sleeve to the wall and making his hand immobile.

Veer!?

Never in my life did I think I would see Veer angry but here he is, the very thought of someone harming his beautiful goddess turned him into a devil full of vengence.

"Don't you dare!" he warned the soldier as he walked closer and pulled back his sword.

"You've made a mistake, Veer," the soldier said angrily.

"I know," Veer replied, "Should've aimed for the throat!"

"How dare you-"

"What's going on?" the Finance minister came outside due to the commodity and we all immediately bowed.

"Veer tried to kill me!" the soldier complained pointing at the knife in Veer's hand.

"I did not do that, sir," Veer defended himself.

"No sir," the soldier oppossed, "Look at the knife in his...."

"Sir, anyone will tell you that Veer's weapon lands on the target with 100% accuracy," Veer told the Finance minister, "If I wanted to kill him, there is no way he would be alive now."

The Finance minister clenched his fist in anger but Veer did not even lower his eyes.

"Veer you are crossing-"

"And I will do it again sir," Veer interrupted.

HE INTERRUPTED THE ACTING KING!

"No one gets to disrespect my future wife!"

The Finance minister fell silent.

I wonder if it's due to the Veer's courage or the fact that Veer belongs to the General's army....either way he simply walked away and Veer took us away with him.

"Why do you keep coming here again and again only to get insulted?" he asked us annoyed.

"We need to know the whereabouts of our people Veer!" Naina argued.