44

Thank you so much for 425 followers ❤️

Early update as promised :)

*** Vaishnavi ***

All you need to do is give the letter

I kept repeating it to myself like a mantra as I walked into the King's meeting chambers with the rolled up letter in my hand. 

The first person I saw when I entered was the general as he is the one facing the door, infront of him was a huge round table with a map and miniatures of soldiers and forts. They are probably discussing war stratergies and since the King was standing opposite to the general, he did not notice me.

The general looked at the king and signalled him to turn around.

"What a lovely surprise Vaishu!" the king smiled when he turned around to find me. I smiled back.

"What brings you...." he paused when he noticed the rolled up letter in my hand. "Is that a letter for me, love?" he asked with a sudden change in his demeanor and voice.

He called me love!

He is angry!

Abort mission!

I did not know what to do but the general immediately understood. He hit the table with his leg knocking down their war formation and distracting the king.

"For godsake general," the King said annoyed as he turned around to rearrange the miniatures and I used this opportunity to throw the letter in the nearby fire.

"Where did the letter go?" the king asked when he turned back to find my hands empty.

"What letter?" I asked innocently.

"There was a...letter..."

"I saw no letter, your highness," the general backed me up.

"Really?" Adi asked confused.

The general nodded. "Perhaps you need some sleep," he suggested.

The king shook his head. "I am very sure I saw a letter," he said. "But if there isn't one, good for me," he turned to me and smiled.

I smiled back.

Of course, good for him! Bad for me!

*** Sruthi ***

"Let's walk in like the beautiful women that we are," Naina and I hyped each other up as we walked into the royal court with our heads held up high. 

Getting a place in the royal court, the grandeour, the celebratory aura, the intellectual debates....they are going to be fun....or so we thought until....we saw the general....

"Aren't you two a little too dressed up?" he commented stopping us.

"Your inability to dress sophisticated is what makes you think that way," I countered.

"If someone were to attack us right now, my armour and uniform will protect me," he stated, "What is going to protect you? The gold or the expensive fabric?"

"Isn't that your job, general" asked Naina.

"He is too busy tormenting the Queen's cabinet, Naina" I remarked sarcastically.

"Shhh," the general immediately shut me up. "Don't make it obvious that the Queen is going to be here," he whispered.

"Why?" I asked.