37

Early update on popular demand :)

Also guys, if you reached so far it means that you probably liked my work. Can you please consider following me. This book has 2000+ unique readers as per wattpad stats, yet I have less than 300 followers 🥺

Please consider supporting me. It is one additional follow for you but will tremendously help with the algorithm and will be a huge motivational booster as I am currently handling multiple things in my life :)

As a small incentive, if I reach 350 followers, before next Friday, I will post an early update💗

Thank you and back to the story 💞

*** Nanda ***

There is absolutely nothing in the world that scares me except for one. 

The king in his Rudra avatar or atleast that is what I like to call it when his anger surpasses the normal limit. 

It is the fire that burns everything in it's way, the storm that pities no one, and the third eye that causes absolute destruction and now....that destruction is heading towards Meihu!

I love this!

"Meihu, open!" the king roared as he knocked on her door and it did not even take a second knock before a panicking Meihu opened the door.

"Yes....your highness," she hesitantly asked, even had a brief glance at me as if asking for help.

Hell no!

"WHERE. IS. MY. WIFE?" the king asked angrily looking into Meihu's eyes. Meihu couldn't help but look down. It took a while for her to even form sentences.

"You...your..high..ness..." she stuttered.

"ANSWER ME," the king yelled and Meihu flinched as she hesitantly continued, "Vaishu...is always like this....she has the tendency to..."

Meihu did not even get to finish her statement before the king's sword reached her neck, the only thing preventing her head from flying away is my hand which in all honesty is struggling to fight the strength of the king.

Meihu froze in her place as blood slowly started to drip on the floor. I was fast but not fast enough and hence the king's sword already made it's way to her neck....enough to cause a lasting mark but not enough to take her life....and despite my best efforts I wasn't able to even move it by even an inch.

"Not a word against my wife, women," the king said gritting his teeth, "Not a word against my wife."

"Where is the queen?" I asked Meihu again hoping she would answer it this time and that would calm down the king.

"Kali..kalika devi temple," Meihu immediately answered, "The preist gave her access...to garbha gudi (inner chambers)."

The king got the answer but still did not take down his sword.

I wouldn't blame him and I honestly want him to kill her....but....

"Your highness," I said trying to get him to put back the sword, "She is the queen's friend."

"Not really, no," the king said still eager to make the strike.

"We should....perhaps..let the queen decide that..." I said careful with my tone and word choice.

The king thought for a while before bringing his sword down. "Let's find the queen," he stated.

*** Vaishnavi ***

In an idle state, I continued to stare at the Kalika Devi statue, hoping the goddess would somehow give me an answer. 

Did Meihu tell me the truth or did she lie? Am I right in running away to save Adi's honour? Will he ever hear my side once I go back? What if...