31

*** Adinath ***

"Can I have those yellow flowers too," Vaishu asked the little girl in the stall.

"Here you go," said the girl with a smile handing over the flowers. "Woww!" she exclaimed when her eyes fell on Vaishu's bracelet. "This is so beautiful," she said carefully brushing her hand over, "Who got you this akka?" she asked.

"My husband," Vaishu smiled and looked at me.

"Really? I should find my husband and ask him to get me one too," the little girl said innocently and Vaishu laughed.

"If you like it so much, take it," she said but paused to look at me as if asking for permission.

"No need to ask Vaishu," I reminded. Vaishu smiled and gave the girl her bracelet.

Meanwhile we heard a nervous voice call Vaishu's name. 

"Vaishu beta," the temple preist said worried, "What are you doing here? Everything alright? Does the king know-"

"He does panditji," I answered on behalf of Vaishu. It took a few seconds for the pandit to recognize my face behind my fake moustache but the moment he did, his eyes widened in fear and surprise.

"Your high-"

"Panditji," Vaishu interrupted before he could reveal my identity. She looked around to indicate that we are in public and wish to remain in disguise.

"Call me Adi," I told the pandit. 

"No..no I cannot call you by your name," the pandit immediately replied.

I shook my head in disappointment. 

Sometimes I really wish people realize that behind 'King Adinath' and 'His highness' there is a little boy who wishes to let go of the titles and be normal for once.

"Then call him by some other name," Vaishu suggested taking both of us by surprise, "Shiva sounds good."

"Beta I cannot..." the panditji stopped when he heard the sounds of the temple bells.

"Devi mata has reminded us just in time," he smiled, "Today we have a special pooja for couples. It is going to start soon. You and...." the pandit hesitated for a breif second, "You and Shiva should go join," he completed.

A genuine smile showed up on my face.

Finally am being treated normal!

"Let's go," Vaishu said and we quickly made our way to take part in the pooja.

*** Sruthi ***

"General stop walking so fast," I complained, "I cannot keep up."

"That is the whole point," the general said as he climbed up the stairs of the temple. "Wait till I get a hold of them," he said angrily as he stormed across the hallway.

Is he seriously talking about the King and the Queen? Does he really have that much power over them or is he pranking me again?

"There they are," the general said when he finally found them amongst a huge gathering of married couples performing some pooja.

"Wait," I held his hand and stopped him before he could approach them, "You cannot interrupt someone in the middle of rituals. It is a sin."

"I comitted a lot of sins in my life Gati," the general plainly stated, "and I am already being punished with your presence so....not a big deal."

This man! If I had the power right now, I would bury him into the darkest pits of hell!

Anyway, I need to be calm!