21

*** Sruthi ***

This is a dream...must be a dream....

"What a wonderful dream to have!" I said outloud laughing.

"Dream?" the general said offended, "Ms. Sruthi this is not a dream."

"Right, as if the arrogant and headstrong general would ever apologize," I said sarcastically.

"Miss. Sruthi I can hear you," the general said trying hard to keep calm.

"Of course you can," I said, "You are my imagination!"

The general rolled his eyes. 

Meanwhile I saw the king walking by. 

Why is the king in my dreams? 

The general called the king to get his attention.

"Your highness, please tell Ms. Sruthi that she is not dreaming and is just straight up being dumb," the general asked.

The king looked at me. 

Usually I would panic but now this is my dream! Everything is my imagination! 

So I continued to remain confident.

"I would not jump to conclusions about being dumb but Sruthi, you are not dreaming," the king plainly stated.

"Mmm hmm and why should I believe you?" I asked.

"What did you say?" the king who is now clearly angry asked.

"Your highness...." the general said hesitantly, "Let....let me handle this..."

Aww  is the general is trying to save me from the king! How sweet!

"Yes let him handle this," I added, "You do not have a place in my dreams. You should go to the queen's dreams. You are all she ever talks about!"

"Ms. Sruthi you are being...." the general paused when the king lifted his hand.

"What exactly does the queen talk about me?" the king asked.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling as I spoke. "About how nice you are....how compassionate you are...how good looking you are..."

I could see the king's frown turn into a smile.

".....and how much she enjoys the training and how she is pretending to not understand it so that it does not progress...and..."

"Wait! she is pretending to not understand?" the king asked surprised.

"Your highness, Ms. Sruthi is clearly intoxicated....please do not..." the general tried to interrupt.

"Hold on general," the king said seriously and turned back to me.

"Is Vaishavi more skilled than she lets me believe, yes or no?" he demanded an answer.

"...Yes..." I said nervously.

"Vaishu...." the king signed in  frustratation and stormed away.

"Wait why is he angry?" I asked confused, "If this is my dream...the king would never be angry with the queen...."

"Finally!" the general said frustrated. "Hell with the apology," he added and threw the flowers away to follow the king.

(Any guesses on what Adi will do now?)

**** Vaishnavi ****

"Are you busy, Vaishu?" the king asked as he stormed into the library.

"No, just reading a novel," I answered.