45

Thank you so much for 450 followers ❤️

Early update as promised :)

*** Nanda ***

"Look! The Queen's here," I stratergically said as I found the king over powering me during our battle. 

Adi instinctively looked back and I tried to use this opportunity to knock down his sword but he gained control just in time.

"Play fair, Nandu bhaiyya," he said frustrated.

"Stay focussed, your highness," I replied in the same tone.

Meanwhile we heard a knock on the door. Adi paused the battle and opened the door to receive a document from the soldier.

"Mahadev," he took the god's name and signed once he read the contents.

"What happened?" I asked as I walked towards him.

Adi did not reply and simply handed me the document in his hand.

"You are accusing Sruthi of brining Meihu to meet the Queen?" I asked angrily the moment I read the first few lines.

"Mind your words, general," the King said offended, "All I did was to order an investigation. Sruthi made a direct confession."

"Direct confession?" I whispered to myself as I looked back at the document.

It was, indeed, a direct confession which means all the officer had to do was to ask 'what happened' and this stupid girl just took the blame on herself.

"We need to leave for the borders," the king said as he walked away to replace his armour and put on his overcoat.

"Your highness, I don't think this is true," I tried to reason as I walked behind him, "Give me a chance to investigate and I will...."

"You cannot be leading this investigation, general," the king interrupted as he put on his new armour.

"Why?" I asked.

"You know exactly why," he replied.

Of course, I do. I am in love with that idiotic women.

"Can you make an exception this one time?" I asked still hopeful.

I expected the king to yell at me for this but he replied in a surprisingly calm and empathetic tone. The Queen's really did have a profund impact on him.

"I am sorry Nandu bhaiya, I can't," he said and walked past me.

However that did not stop me from turning rebellious.

"If this case goes to trial, I will stand between you and Sruthi," I said outloud.

That was probably the last straw because I could sense that the king lost his patience too.

"Is that a threat?" he asked his angry eyes peircing into my soul.

What the hell am I doing? Why am I fighting with my best friend for a silly women? Is she even worth it? What if her confession is the truth?

My mind asked me numerous questions but my voice only replied one sentence.

"It's the unfortunate truth," I replied back to the king and I could feel him firmly grasping his sword. I simultaneously grasped mine and we were almost about to fight but immediately stopped when we heard a faint voice in the background.

"Adi..."

It was the Queen. 

The king and I made eye contact and as an unspoken agreement took our hands away from the swords and softened our gaze as the Queen walked towards us.