70

Here's a new update as promised.

Let's increase the target to give me time lol

1000 votes and 550 comments for the next chapter and no spamming❤️

*** Sruthi ***

10 games, opponents chosen at random, and all you have to do is to win atleat 5 of them.

I thought this is going to easy, untill the first draw got me the bishop as an opponent and the rook as the moderator which means I will have to play two consecutive games with only the intellectuals in my tent and to no one's surprise I lost the first game.....

"Win for the bishop, Miss. Sruthi please register the loss in your form," the rook announced and I looked down at my form.

I do not know how to spell that.....

Never did I feel more humiliated in my life....

"Any issues, Miss. Sruthi?" the rook asked respectully.

Kanda was right. He is a good man in comparision.

"I...sir..." I hesitated, "I....do not know....how to spell that word...."

"Illiterate?" the bishop commented and laughed making me tear up.

I am trying to do something better....Do I really deserve these insults?

The rook heard his words but did not say anything to his friend. 

The two soldiers standing guard looked at me with pity in their eyes as if apologizing for not being able to take a stand.

"Pass me the form, Miss. Sruthi," the rook calmly asked me, "I can fill it up for you."

"And perhaps next time have a rule that illiterates cannot...." the bishop paused his insulting statements and fell silent......with fear evident in his eyes....as if he saw something as dangerous as the devil....and I turned back to find Kanda....angrily glaring into the bishops soul.

"Might want to be specific on that," he commented as he walked in, "because if it is illiterates by heart a lot of your people wouldn't be here."

"General...you are..." even the bishop hesitated, "....you are not allowed inside the tents..."

"I will make that call sir," the general firmly interrupted and the bishop fell silent. "I work with the security, I am allowed to be anywhere at anytime."

Nobody, absolutely nobody dared to argue on that. I could see the intellectuals faces falling blank and the soldiers looking at the general with admiration.

"Pass me a piece of paper, please," the general asked one of his soldiers and he immediately passed him a paper and pen.

"Look here," he commanded to get my attention as he put the paper beside me. "This is how you write won and this is how you write lost," he said writing the two words on the paper and then looked at me to maintain eye contact.

"Wipe your tears, Miss. Sruthi," he commented, "The soil of the Nine Kingdoms does not appreciate the tears of good people."

I wiped my tears and the general turned his angry glare towards the rook.

"The was supossed to be your job, sir," he angrily stated.

"General I would like to point out that I never made of her," the rook honestly replied.

"Yet you watched while your friend did," Kanda interrupted, "Despite having the power to stop."

The rook fell silent and Vishnu sir just stepped in probably being notified of the chaos.