25

Can you please consider voting 🥺

Will help me with the algorithm....

*** Vaishnavi ***

"And that is all there is to say about me, your highness" said the last women. 

"Thank you Ms. Rashi," I smiled. "It has been wonderful knowing you all," I continued completely planning to let go of my speech but for some reason Sruthi came up onto the stage.

"Your highness," she whispered pretending to adjust my hair, "Look at the soldier standing guard in the middle."

I turned to the soldier and immediately figured out who it was.

Adi!!!

He winked at me the moment we made eye contact. I guess it is his way of removing any doubts I might have about his identity. My face immediately beamed with joy.

"Please do not make it obvious, your highness," Sruthi said again.

"Right," I said and gained back my composure.

"Stay calm and say your speech," she encouraged, "We are all with you."

"Thank you," I smiled and Sruthi left the stage.

"So, we had a wonderful discussion so far," I continued confidently, "But I think there is a question that most of you would like to ask but did not, either because you are scared or just being nice." "Either way I think it important for all of you to know why the king, his highness..." I paused and looked at Adi before continuing, "my husband Adi..." I could see the surprised look on everyone's face but decided to continue anyway, "decided to make me incharge of the women working in the palace....."

*** Sruthi ****

"Oh damn," the general whispered the moment the queen mentioned the king's name.

"What? Are you offended?" I asked the general. 

Of course, he would be offended, being the arrogant man-child that he is.

"No, just plesantly surprised," he smiled. "The king always wanted someone to call him by his name.....glad the queen is courageous enough to do so....I could only imagine the joy on his face right now."

Omg he is so cute when he smiles and he approves calling husband by name. I will marry this man!

"What is wrong with me," he said immediately ruining the atmosphere, "Did I stoop so low that I actually answered your question?"

Never mind! I will kill this man!

"No, it was me who stooped low to even try and have a conversation with you," I said in retreat.

"Ms. Sruthi, you...."

"Can you both please stop," the general was interrupted by Naina's whispers, "The queen is giving a speech for god sake."

"I will deal with you later," the general said and we both focussed on the queen and I must admit, she is wonderful. The honesty with which she put forward her intentions to help, the confidence, the word choice were all just perfect. 

However, what I found the most adorable is the way the king and queen secretly kept looking at each other. The love in their eyes....the admiration they have towards each other.....and the longingness the queen exhibited as she patiently waited for everyone to leave just so that she could approach the king is beautiful to witness.

"I want what they have," I said involuntarily.

Now that the queen's speech is over and everyone slowly began to leave, the general did not let go of the opportunity to taunt me.