82

Target - 2K votes and 800 comments as we reached more readers in the last week.

(don't put individual letters or break up sentences lol)

*** Veer ***

Kind, Intelligent, Beautiful

These were the only words anyone, especially the soldiers, ever used to describe the Queen. Our sweet didi, is the unofficial title we gave her, because sweetness and compassion are the only attributes we've ever seen in her. Even while debating with the intellectuals, she did not lose her calm. 

Not even once!

So to see her storm out of the temple, with vengence and anger in her eyes is.....terrifying to witness....and surreal to experience.....

"Your highness," the Finance minister stood up from the throne the moment the Queen entered the courtroom and all the eyes turned towards her.....with initial curiosity which soon turned into fear when they noticed her demeanor.

"Court is adjourned," the Queen stated.

"Your highness, we are in the middle of...." the Finance minister explained.

"Veer!" the Queen only had to take my name and I immediately looked at my soldiers and we all started clearing the general crowd immediately while the Finance Minister looked at us surprised.

I wonder what made him think that we would disobey her.

We are the general's army!

The Queen's White Knight's army!

Our loyalty will always be with her.

"Your highness, this is extremely disrespectful," the Finance minister stated.

"Then I've succeeded with my intentions," the Queen replied.

Damn!

Need to think of a comeback incase cute demon decides to steal this line!

"Respectfully your highness, I think....."

"What's going on in the North borders, sir?" the Queen asked and the Finance minister immediately fell silent.

"Why wasn't anyone in the capital informed of the war?" she asked her next question and all the ministers, intellectuals, and soldiers in the courtroom widened their eyes in surprise.

"War, Veeru?" Pratap reached out to me and asked.

I nodded and gave him the letter.

"Mahadev," he whispered, fear clearly evident in his voice. However, he wasn't the only one. A lot of confused, terrified, and questioning eyes turned to the Finance minister for answers.

"Your highness..." the Finance minister replied, "...I am aware of the war and I've been handling it ever since I got the letters from the King. I just did not want to cause unnecessary panic to you and our people. Your happiness is my responsibility."

"Could he be right?" I whispered my intrusive thoughts outloud.

"If this is the intellectual capacity of the smartest soldier, it traumatizes me to imagine the mental abilities of the rest," Vishu sir who happened to hear my words commented.

"Watch your words, sir," I warned, "Or else I will...."

I paused when Naina held my hand.

"Not the time, Veeru," she commented.

She's right!

Not the time!

I diverted my attention to the Queen and Finance minister standing at a distance.