1. Case 420

I put my finger on the trigger. I let it rest there. My heart is racing faster and anxious sweat starts to form. I hate and love this part about my job.

The way the adrenaline rushes through my veins and straight to my head. It almost makes me dizzy. After so many years as a hitman, it's almost like a drug to me. Maybe I do have an addiction to it.

Now sitting on the highest floor of an empty office building the feeling is at an all-time high. The sniper in my hand giving me the power to control.

I hold the power now. The power of life and death. Do I let them go and let them breathe another breath or do I pull the trigger ending their future?

I like to play god in that sense. I am not even ashamed to admit it. It's true that I am not a good person but as long as it doesn't affect me I won't care. I never did before.

I aim the sniper at the target's head and let it sit there for too many seconds. More than I usually would do. Usually I kill them without mercy. Quick and easy. But this time- this case it's different.

He is different.

My boss had warned me about taking up personal cases but I had convinced him that I can kill him. That I had the strength in me to not care.

After all I was trained for this. Ever since I was 15 I had been introduced to this type of world. I had trained for years to be the best. I gave everything to be the best. And I am.

Because i am in this job for so long i became the best. I was the best in so many parts of the job. I was great in shooting but honestly i liked using knifes way more.

I liked the way they layed in my hand and the way it felt all tbe more real. I carried the knife with me like its a trophey of every kill.

My boss liked me the most because I never cared - which was my strength. Everyone asked me how I do it but even I don't know. I had never formed an actually bond with someone after a few years of this field. I didn't need anyone and I still don't. I am better of alone anyways.

My boss still tried to talk me into taking a spotter with me for this case so he can have 'a peace of mind' I agreed to it only so I wouldn't have to hear his voice for an other hour or so.

He was blabbring all over the place talking about needing to help a rookie get better at the job. He agreed to payed me even more than he already was which made me really consider it.

The spotter has been annoying me since he got here. He forgot some of the equipment and tried to make small talk with me the whole time acting like we were friends on a normal Saturday evening.

It was not a normal saturday evening and i did not want to talk to him. "Look. You got to take this shit serious and shut up and follow my instructions" i tell him and he blinks a few times in shock. After the shock faded away his eyes were burning onto me with anger. I guess i hurt his feelings by not wanting a new bestfriend.

My boss told me he was the best spotter he has for that day and that he's been officially into this field for a short year.

The whole time we were waiting for the target to show up he kept blabbering about everything. He kept asking me for tips to get even better or to even get better than me. I didn't answer any of his questions and tried to ignore him.

He even brought some sandwiches from the small drug store downstairs to build up more of a bond with me.

"You've been working on this case for 4 months now right?" He had asked me and I shrugged my shoulders "is the case that hard?" He asked me and again I shrugged my shoulders.