25. in my arms

iI need to see him. I have to know that he is not dead. That he has a chance to live. With or without me.

I push the last door there is and i see his face. My heart skips a beat and i never felt anything like this before.

He is tied by the chains on the floor. The chains that i layed down myself when it was my place.

He is barley conscious and his eyes open and close. He doesnt even notice that i came in. He looks out of breath and is breathing to slow. Way to slow. The panic had left him and he looks like he gave up. Like he knew this was the end of him.

He accepted his faith.

There 3 guys in the room and one of them is hovering over ash. He grabbed him by his hair forcing to look up because he is to tired to do so.

Fuck. Anger fills me from the inside out and my hands start to shake. All i know is that these guys wont be alive very long.

I get to the one closeted to the door first and slash his neck a instant that didnt even have the chance to react.

The blood spews out of him drenching me into it.

The same feeling rushes over me like it never even left. The metal taste of blood is in my mouth again and the same revenge full eyes are back on my face.

"Finish him" the guy who is hovering over ash orders the last body guard he has. Big fucking mistake.

I knew who the last guy was and i knew he was horrible at close combat. The fucking spotter thats ego is to high for his length.

He comes up to me and i block the punch he was about to give me. I hit him in his face and he gets out a knife from his pocket and slashes my right cheek with it.

The stinging feels so faint compared to this feeling. He is better then the last few guys who were trying to get me. I take a step back and let the blood flow down my face.

He comes at me again kicking agaisnt my stomach making me fall flat against the ground. Fuck.

I get the knife out my pocket and stand up. I lose my balance a bit and hold my knife in front of me to protect myself.

I feel kinda dizzy and i take a deep breath to hopefully collect myself. I run towards the guy and stab him in his stomach with the knife.

He lets out a grunt and places his hand there. He comes at me again and throws his fist agaisnt my face.

I dodge it and hold his fist with one hand and with the other i stab him again and again and again until he falls to the ground. He is alive but not for long.

He will bleed out soon. One person left. One person and then im with ash. Then he is save in my arms.

"Hey aspen" the guy who was with ash walks towards me. I know exactly who the guy is. I just regonized him.

He was one of my bestfriends when i first joined. We fell apart after a disagreement and we went separated ways. "Im impressed to say the least" he says with his arms spread open.

"Why are you here though this isnt your case. Its that spotters guys case" he says pointing at the body on the ground.

He knows why but he will try to play this game until i have enough and finally put him out of his misery.

"Shut the fuck up" i snap back and my eyes hover to ash. He is on his knees barely able to sit up. His neck is just hanging now and there is a insane amount of blood covering him like a blanket. Fuck.

I need to be fast before he is dead too. "Why are you even here?" i say to him and he shrugs his shoulders. "Got asked by him for a good sum of money." He laughs.

"Just leave" i spit. "Why the fuck would i? I got the one thing that will make you go to extreme lengths" he says with a big smile.

I dont need to know what he wanted to do or say next. I dont even care about it one bit. I dont care that i used to know him and that we used to do everything together. I dont care if i die aslong as ash lives.

I dont remeber what happend next i just remeber the blood flowing and the pain flashing in my body like crazy. The sweat dripping over my body mixing in with the blood. My arms to tired to even lift up. But i have to go on.

When he is dead on the ground laying there just still i take one last deep breath to close that part of my life and walk towards ash as fast as i can.

My leg was cut and my arms too everything hurts or stings but i dont mind it. I saved him. I did it.

"Ash" i say letting my body fall to the ground before him. I place my hands on his cheeks and his eyes open. "Ash" i say again with the worry painting my voice

"ash youre okay now im here. You did well" i say panting "Dont hurt me" he says weak. To weak.

"No i wont. I wont hurt you ash. Its me" i say frantic. Please let him be okay. Fuck.

"Mhm?" He says and his eyes open again. A small smile appears on his face. He falls into my arms and pulls me close to me as hard as he can.

"Aspen" he says weak in barley a wisper but just the sound of it made me shiffer. I hug him back holding him as close as i can.

I dont want to let him go ever and i wish i could let this moment last forever.

"I need to get you out of the cuffs" i say and he lets me go and i put my hands on his face again and he smiles at me again with his eyes closed.

There a shit ton of smaller and bigger cuts on his face breaking my heart. Even in so much pain he still smiles at me.

I get the key from the dead body and get in my knees by ash again. I let the cuffs go from him and he puts his arms covere in blood behind my neck.

"I wanted to kill him" he says looking at the dead body "sorry" i say and he looks into my eyes.

He leans in forward and for the first time ever ash his lips are agaisnt mine.

We both taste like blood and in our way it feels normal. Its like we've always been like this. My heart flutters and ive never felt this way before.

I never even had a single thought in my head that kissing him would feel this good. And thats the moment i realised i really had fallen for him. Fully.

The kiss is short. Shorter then i wanted it. But were both to tired and to beaten up to go on. He passes out into my arms. And i get us back to his apartment.

The uber driver looked horrified at us but i payed him 4 times extra and promissing him we arent being chased by police after he forced us to wait alteast 5 minutes to leave just in case.

I almost passed out the car ride to his apartment but i tried by best to fight it. I need to make sure ash wont die.

He cant die on me like this.

In the car ride he briefly woke up and looked at me for a few secconds. "You came" he wispered and passed out again.

He probably thought i would let him go and die after the phone call situation and him leaving the apartment saying he doesnt want to see me ever again.

But here i was. Rescuing him like someome who got possesed by him. I had officially gone crazy.

I am now a crazy and most likely unemployed man whos hand is resting on the guy he just kissed. Both covered in blood of eachother and the people i had killed to get him.