7. silhouette

I forgot the worry I had before I came here. I forgot everything. My boss would sober me up so quickly if he saw this. He would probably laugh at my state and throw a bucket of water over my head.

At the toilets, I realize how drunk I actually am. I smile even though nothing fun is happening and I feel like I'm finally letting go.

I wash my hands with cold water and splash my face with it. I need to be a bit more sober before something happens. I can't let something bad happen. I shouldn't have drank this much. The overthinking starts happening again but the alcohol in my system makes me calm down way to quick pushing away the worry.

What was I thinking about before? Did I see someone I knew? I think it's just someone from the company it's probably just my foggy thoughts messing with me i said to myself.

I take a look in the mirror and fix my hair a tiny bit hoping it would look decent enough. I look horrendous. Some girl thought it was funny to ruffle her hands through my hair and say I look cuter with messier hair.

I put some water in it losing a lot of the gel that keeps it neat. I brush through it with my hands to let it fall over my forehead. I think this is the messy she means. But honestly, I have no clue how to be messy.

I walk out of the toilet and bump into some very big muscular guy. "Watch where you're going" he says to me and pushes me out of the door into the crowd almost letting me fall. I bump into more people and I feel all the eyes burn into my skin.

"What did you just say?" I ask him. "Watch where you're going" he tells me again and I scoff at his words. If only he knew who he was talking too.

"You bumped into me, maybe shut the fuck up and leave me alone" I say and he comes closer to me. Well fuck.

"Say that again" he says I simply smile at him and he raises his fist into the air. I could already see myself sitting in a hospital at 3 am being beaten up because i couldnt shut up.

A tall guy comes in between us and faces the buff guy. "Sorry, my friend is kinda drunk right now. We won't bother you again" he says. The big guy leaves but the guy doesn't turn around.

"And who the fuck are you supposed to be?" I ask him and he turns around and I see his face. Oh. I bite my inner lip and smile at him. "Hey Ash" I say and he gives me a death stare.

"I saved your ass just then. Dont swear at me" he says and rolls his eyes nonchalant. I groan at him and walk someplace else so we dont walk into to many people.

Well, maybe my night will end in a hospital. But instead of the buff guy its because of him. He leans in close to my ear so I can hear him over the music "It's time to go Home" he tells me and puts his hand on my arm. "NO" I say almost screaming. "Yes you will you're obviously way too drunk" he tells me and I shake my head.

"I'm not drunk I can count to 5" I say proudly and flash a big smile at him. He laughs at the weird statement temporarily forgetting what he was doing.

"Where is Arthur?" He asks me "How do you know him?" I ask confused. "I have a lot of secrets," he says and gives me a wink. Ugh. A kiss for information. He had said a few days prior.

"I don't wanna go home" I say slurring my words. "Fine" Ash says giving up because he knows he can't win. Im to heavy for him to drag me around."So what you will just awkwardly sit on a chair and drink?" He asks me and shakes his head.

"I'm going to dance" I say and muster up all the confidence I have in myself. "You and dancing?" Ash says and scoffs. "Mhmmm yeah" I say unsure about myself too but not ready to admit it.

"Let's make a bet Ash" I say and he looks intrigued "What bet?" He asks me and I give him a mischievous look.

"If I can get any girl to dance with me and succeed then you will buy me a drink" I say and he crosses his arms. "If you fail we're going home and you will owe me a drink" he says and looks at me like I've lost my mind.