20. hot flashes

"For fuck sake" i wisper under my breath. Ash is burning up like crazy. He groans and puts his palm on his forehead.

"I dont have any medicine here" i say to myself but outloud. I dont even know how bad this fever is but I'm guessing way to much.

"Get paracetamol dutch people love it" he says trying to make a joke but the weakness in my voice makes me feel guilty like its my fault.

"I dont want to leave you right now" i say but he looks at me in the most 'are you serious right now?' Way possible.

"Ah yes just let me die because you didnt get medicine because youre clingy" he says and rolls his eyes but he doesnt push me away. Even when be feels like dying he finds a way to annoy me or try to atleast.

"Fuck you" i say without meaning it. I get up from the bed and get a glass of water. "I got you some water if you get thirsty when im gone" i say but he just groans at me probably way to tired.

I walk through the streets of amsterdam and find one of the more common drugstores they have.

I immediately get reminded about the fact that i dont like people. I dont want to talk to this sales person about fever medication but i have to.

I put on the same mask as i do when i am around others. A blank staring bitch face. I walk up to a girl who is filling in some products by the shelf.

"Kan ik je helpen?" She asks and i look confused at her. "English?" I ask and she looks just as pissed off as me for a slight seccond.

"Can i help you?" She asks and i not. "I need fever medicine" i say and she takes a deep sign when she thinks im not looking. I follow her to the shels filled with different kinds of medication and words i dont understand.

I dont feel like studying dutch because i dont need it anyways. I dont want to talk to any of these people and try to avoid it as much as possible.

Thankfully at the center of amsterdam a lot of people speak English. Even though they get slightly annoyed at the fact they cant speak Dutch with me i dont care.

The girl hands me a few boxes of different kinds after asking for allergies that i have no clue exists.

I pay for it and the amount is way to fucking High. Its a fuck ton of money just for these shitty medication. It better work or i am going back to get a refund.

I walk back as fast as i can to the apartment. I dont look around like i usually do. To see who is following me or if someone is following me.

I knew the last time i didnt bother to check.
Ash followed me and arthur right to the club. He played it off very well but there was no way in hell he wasnt doing that. He doesnt know i realised it but to me its funny.

When im back to the apartment and open the door he is dead asleep. I want to let him sleep but i know he should take his medication.

"Ash" i wisper and he groans. "Go away" he says soft but filled with anger. "I got you medicine" i say and he opens his eyes. "I'll just sleep it off" he says.

"No way in hell i payed way to much for these things so you better be grateful and take them" i say but even though the words look angry i didnt sound like that. I was calm and trying my best to convince him.

I empty the plastic bag with medicine on the bed and look at the 3 different boxes and a thermostat.

Ash his eyes are barley open to even see the amount of medication. I get the thermostat out. "The girl who sold it to me said i should put it in your ass" i say with a huge grin.

His tired face looks back at me in horror. "No" he says while looking at me like im a ghost. "In my ass?" He asks again "yeah" i say holding in my laughter.

"No waaaaaay" he says dragging the words "i would allow you to do a lot of things in there but a thermostat is not something im really into" he says and gives me a tired wink.

"Im fucking with you" i say and put my hand on his chin and my thump agaisnt his lips. I open his mouth and put it in and wait for the beep to go off.

He looks at the numbers making his eyes look crossed and i laugh at the sight of him.

The numbers go up and up making me more and more anxious. Finally it stops at 38.4 oh fuck.

Ash groans and he almost falls asleep again. I take a pill out of one of the boxes and put it in his mouth and the cup with water.

"I hate this" he says and looks at me in the most annoyed way ever. He used to hate taking medication back when we were younger too. "I know" i say and get a other pill.

When he is finally done he gives me a sad puppy looking expression. "Go to sleep" i say to him and put my hand on his forehead to see if maybe he cooled down. Spoiler alert ; He did not.

I lay down on the far opposite end of the bed away from him. His eyes are already starting to close and barley opening them like he couldnt hold them open.

"Aspen" he says my voice quietly almost so soft that i couldnt hear him. "Ash" i say and he turns his head towards me.

"Could you hold me?" He asks me. "Wouldnt that make you even more overheated?" I ask him and he shakes his head even though its true. "Im freezing" he says shiffering under the covers.

Fine. I give myself over and move more towards him. When i am next to him i am unsure of what to do. Everything feels so unnatural for a moment that i dont even know how to breath normally.

He sits up halfway and lays himself on my chest with his arms around me. He falls asleep in secconds. I put my arms around his waist and hold him close to me.

Weeks has passed since we came here. In a few days we can go back to the normal stage of life. Of our normal stage of life.

The next thing i felt was a sharp pain on my left ribs. I had fallen asleep a few minutes after ash and didnt even realise it.

"Ah fuck" i say not awake enough to processes whats happening. "Does this hurt" he says with the most evil smile paited on his face. He knows it did and yet he still asks me that stupid question.

I look at my stomach. My tshirt is slightly pulled up stopping right under my chest. His finger is pressing on a bruise that i got when i was fighting with someone. The bruise was 4 times its size covering my whole side but now its just a small bruise left right above a knife scar.

"Get the fuck off" i say and hold his hand tight into mine but not enought to hurt him.
"Looks like you recovered" i say and groan. He gives me a sad puppy face again and i roll my eyes.

I roll him off my chest and onto his back. I hover my body over his. My arms holding my body floating above his next to his head. My knee holding me up where his hip is.

Our faces are right infront of eachother with barley any space between us. I could feel my heartbeat quicken.

I stare at his lips without a seccond thought. Then back to his brown eyes who are staring into my soul reaching depths nobody else has.

We both dont move for a few secconds and my mind gets taken over by someone else. Someone who wasnt afraid to do anything or hold back on what i was about to do.

I move in closer to him. So close that our lips could collide. I stop right there and then and take in the way his face looks. Taking in ever detail of him and taking in the corner of his mouth forming a small smile like he is fullied satisfied.

I take in the way his eyes look at me. They dont like they want to see my blood spread across his face. They look at me like he fully wants me.

I could feel his breath on my face unsteady but i knew that in his mind he was sure of this moment.

His warm hand goes up to my waist and he places it there. Right under my tshirt. His bare hand agaisnt my bare skin.

The way he makes me feel is like nothing else. Everything else feels like nothing compared to this moment. The other times he touched me feels like nothing the way he is right now. The way my whole body reacts to him is like a fire catching on. My skin shiffers at the touch of him and i know he noticed it.