13. familiar

I turn the key to my apartment door and enter the room.

Some of the things that were laying on the table have been moved around. Like someone has been touching them. It couldnt be my landlord or my boss, right?

"Missed me?" A sneaky voice says. I remeber who this voice belongs to loud and clear. Everything inside me knew it was him. It had to be.

I turn the lights on and see him. Ash collin hart. In my apartment looking like he owns the place.

He is sitting man spreading and his arms over both the lengths of the chair. Looking at me like he is posing for a painting.

The familiar rush floats back to me and all the emotions i had lost came back stronger then a storm. I dont know if i should be happy or sad or mad or confused. All i know is that he is here right now.

The face i was searching for, no the face i was longing for is infront of me. The brown eyes of his stare back at me and the brown hair is the same color as i remebered it.

All the details of his face came back to me and i tried my best to take them all in. So i wont forget them even at the darkest times in my life.
I store all the small details in a special place so i can look a them when i need him.

If im throughly honest with myself. I would admit that i dont want him to go. I would admit that he is the one that could ask me about anything no matter how crazy, i would do it aslong as he would stay by my side.

I wish i didnt want him. Maybe in a other life where we had normal lives and were allowed to be together, we would.

Im so sure that in other conditions we would hold eachother without a doubt creeping in from the back of our minds.

His smirk is wider then normally and he looks so amused with himself. "You shouldve seen your face it looks like you seen a ghost. I like the appertment though" he says and starts laughing loudly echooing the sound around the room filling the void that i had.

"How did you even get in here?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders. "A little bit of magic" he says and makes a pizazz hand movement.

"Your boss said you need to find someone to have fun with, right? Thats what im here for" He says while i put my backbag down and my jacket and cap on the coat rack.

"I guess so" i say thinking back to the texts he send me a few hours ago when i told him i dont need anyone and im happy where i am right now. At most i would adopt a goldfish and let it be at that. I need to learn to be alone. I can be alone. I am better of like that.

"How many eyes do you have on me at the company. Barely anyone knows where i am" i say.

I wish i got the awsner to that but he never reveals who is working for him and no matter how hard i try they stay hidden.

Theyre good too, usually those type of people break easily or slip up a tiny bit. But not the guy thats working for him.

"I've got a lot of eyes at that place.... but yours is my favorite. So dont be jealous" he says with a huge smile. "Im not jealous" i say clearing my voice and walk to the kitchen to get some water.

He's so casual about seeing eachother again after what i said. After i told him to stay away so many times.

Its so unsettling that he is acting so normal. Its like whatever i do or say to him he will just go back to me acting like it never happend.

Like he isnt even a bit taken back by what i said. I remeber the way his eyes looked at me. So - sad. I couldnt sake off the feeling.

"Did you poisen the water?" I ask just to be sure. I fill up a cup and take a sip before he even awsners me. "nope" he says and stands up from the chair and walks towards me.

"I'll ask for a new lock. I dont like uninvited visitor's" i say to him and he just looks at me and rolls his eyes and sits on the kitchen counter infront of me.

I wash off the cup and dry it with a towel.
He is sitting right infront of the cabinet where the glasses are stored. "Do you mind moving?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

Great. Its like im taking care of a huge child. I place my hand on the handle of the cabinet and he stays just as still.

Were close. Way to close.

he is sitting onto the cabinet he is taller than me. My face is at the height of his chest just not reaching his neck. I look up through my eyelashes to see his face.

His cheeks are the familiar soft pink red spreading from his cheeks to his nose and his ears.

He is a heavy blusher but i like that the most about him. Its one of the things i only found out by getting closer to him.

He moves his free hand that was resting next to his leg under my chin. I breath in the air around us and its alkost unsteady as i blow it back out again.

My heart is raising and i am pretty sure his is too. "I definitely like your eyes the most throughout that whole company" he says to me.

The red on his face is a color we now match. Its like my whole face is on fire just because of the light touch of his hand on my face.

It might be a reaction to there being danger but i dont even know it myself. I never had it before.

"Aspen" he says to me when he noticed i was drifting away from this thinking about something else. He rarely says my name but i like the way it rolls of his lips and the way it sounds into my ears.

"Ash" I say him and he gives me a small smile in return of saying his name.

He leans in closer so that our faces are infront of eachother. And doesnt break the eye conact even one bit

I feel my chest tighten and everything in my body reacts to him. To the way his eyes look at me and his hand on my face with his dump right beneath my lips.

I can feel his breath subtle on my face and i know he can feel the same for me. Even though the both of us like to talk big and act like we don't give a fuck about anything i still feel to flustered to even look into his eyes or come closer then this.

I move my hand to his arm and all i want to do is kiss him. But i know i shouldnt. I shouldnt kiss him and i shouldnt even let him touch me like this.

But here i am allowing him to be in my apartment and letting him this close to me. I am a mess.

It feels like im Drowning in his eyes and i take them in like its the last time i could. I place my hand on his face and the slight shift of his face makes my stomach flutter.

The way his eyes opend just a slight bit more searching my eyes and the way his cheeks get even more red.

I liked the look of my hand soflty resting on his face and i liked the way i am so drawn into his touch. The way i feel when were together. Like nothing could hold me down.

At that moment i truly didnt care about anything. Just him. I was so drawn into him that i wasnt thinking about anything thats going on. I didnt care what was happening and what the consequences are going to be.

"You need to go" i say but i dont step back. "Oh" he says and makes a sad face. I dont know where he would go or if he has a place to go to.

He removes his hands from me and lowers himself from the counter. im standing so close his body touches mine.

Both our eyes shot to eachother and everything feels like its on fire. I can feel my heartbeat so loud in my ears that i might even pass out from it.

I place my hands behind him on the kitchen counter. Were so close to eachother that our chests touch. I could feel his heartbeat matching mine and our breaths getting shorter and shorter.

I liked the way our hearts sound together its like my favorite song. I wish i could replay it everytime.

I place my forehead agaisnt his and let it rest there. Ash doesnt move even a inch and neither am i.

"Kiss me" ash says breaking the silence. I move my head away from his and bite my lip. "We shouldnt" i tell him. Even though i wish i knew how his lips tasted or how they felt agaisnt mine.