Parry Parry Thrust

Nora started the warp as soon as we were on

Nora: sooo... How did you manage to catch one of them?

Me: what?

Nora: that world crosser. How did you do it?

Me: oh. You mean Kyle. Well, I've actually had them for 8 years.

Nora: you what?! We've been miserably trying to get one and you had one this whole time?!

Me: to my defense, I didn't know that you tried to get one of them. Kyle falsely attacked me once but failed, obviously. Then after they had told me their name, Jasper came and poofed them. I went to Peridot and she bubbled Kyle for me. Then I hid the bubble at home. That's also the reason I didn't want you going through my closet.

Nora: oh? OH! Yeah that makes sense... But... When they attacked you... How did you not get hurt?

Me: I'm... Pretty good at dodging. Also, I think they tripped. Kyle told me that they weren't much of a fighter.

Nora: oh. Well then, who did they want to attack?

Me: huh?

Nora: you said that Kyle falsely attacked you. Who was their actual target?

Me: I... I don't think I ever asked...

Nora: so you're telling me that you were attacked and never asked why?!

Me: well... Yeah.

The warp ended and we stood in Nora's house

Huh. It's been a while since I've been here... A lot has changed.

The sofa was on the other side of the room and the color of the walls had changed

Pearl stood in the kitchen with Steven

Steven was cooking while pearl searched for something in a drawer

Steven looked up, not expecting to see me

I think his heart skipped a beat when he saw me... I mean I look like his dead mother.

It took a while until he realized that it was me and not our dear starlight

Steven: oh... Nora. And you brought a... Friend?

Nora: yup!

Pearl: oh a friend? I didn't know you were bringing a fr-

Pearl looked at me and couldn't believe her eyes

Pearl: wha-

Me: hi miss pearl. Hi mister Mahaeswaran-Universe. Nice to see you again.

Pearl: oh! Kara! Hello there! Aren't you a bit early for the training?

Me: well I was actually trying to get home to get ready for it first. We had a little... Warp trip.

Pearl: oh that's... That's great. How about you do that and come back in half an hour?

Me: of course ma'am.

I went out off the house but could've sworn to hear Pearl say "I quite like her new look"

I got home to my brother sitting on the couch playing video games on a phone

Me: oh. Jass. Who's is that?

Jasper: it's mine. Mom bought it for me.

Me: but you're 8.

Jasper: yes...?

Me: she didn't let me have one when I was 8.

Jasper: ok?