Chapter 6- The party of nightmares

CASSIDY TYLER - The Boss' Angel

T.W: Domestic Violence in this chapter, read with discretion. XO

       Reese and I walked into Nightlite club, the second our legs crossed over the threshold the loud music drowned us into the room of drunken partygoers. The strobe lights, the crowded dance floor, the smell of weed floating through the room, every single thing about it felt like a catalyst to make more potentially horrid life decisions.

Because of my tendency to abandon her at parties to go make a fool of myself, I made Reese promise she wasn't gonna leave me alone in here. She had her hand latched tightly around my wrist as she pulled me through the crowd of hyped-up dancers.

As soon as we arrived at the other end of the room, I saw her face light up, looking in the same direction she was, I realized why.

"Oh my God Lizzie, Amyyy" she squealed, pulling me toward her friends who were sat in their section in the club. Lizzie and Amy were both business majors like Reese, and both super hot like Reese. We had met a couple of times before, usually at parties like these and once at a school rally. Nice girls... except when they weren't.

Lizzie was a short, thin, and gorgeous girl with an annoyingly perfect heart-shaped face, a tiny little pointed nose, full plump lips, and specks of brown in her green eyes which accentuated her long wavy dark brown hair. She was a total smoke show, but she tended to be quite nosy with me when Reese wasn't around.

Amy on the other hand was a textbook blonde, tall, skinny, and ditzy, her long blonde waves were weaved into neat Dutch braids exposing skin so flawless she didn't need makeup. With her pretty round face, her cute little button nose, her heart-shaped lips, and bright blue eyes, she looked a bit like me if I had a rich dad and was a trust fund baby. While she wasn't as nosy as Lizzie, she could be a tad clueless...just a tad...

"Oh my God it's Casey!" Amy gasped excitedly as Reese subtly pulled me frontward

"Cassie." I corrected with a smile, my body stiffening slightly as she pulled me into an unexpected hug. Judging by her droopy eyes and her giggly tone, she was definitely drunk. The smell of her Chanel perfume wafted into my senses as she pulled out of the hug, our height difference very nearly causing her four-thousand-dollar boob job to smack me in the face.

"What are you guys doing here?" Lizzie asked cocking a brow, a knowing smile on her face as she narrowed her eyes at Reese.

"Oh, you know..." Reese began chuckling awkwardly "Just here to have a chill time ..."

"Just here to have a chill?" I repeated her words to her, a bit more dramatically than she had first uttered it. Her face paled. Reese had never been a good liar, the gag however seemed to be the fact that I didn't see it coming this whole time.

After a pause that seemed to take an eternity, she sighed and decided to fess up. "Well..."

"Oh my God! Reese! You brought me here as a third wheel for one of your dates?!!"

Lizzie and Amy took a few steps back, the both of them muttering something about how awkward it had turned out as they grabbed their purses from the table and trailed off with the guys they must have come with.