Chapter 10- The Culprit and his helper

CASSIDY TYLER- The Boss' Angel

"Let go of me! Fucking asshole!" I barked as he pushed me up the trail, nearly tumbling over a rock I hadn't seen coming because I was too invested in turning my head around just so I could glare at him.

He walked casually behind me, his eyes waning across the open field as we arrived at the front of the cabin, for a moment as I ran down the hill like my life depended on it, like I'd just been handed a rare opportunity to live... I was too grateful for the chance to at least never see that dreadful wooden house again, yet here I was... and here it was.

I had tumbled a few times on the way down, scraping my knee once or twice but barely feeling the pain from the desperation of just wanting to make it to the end of the trail, wanting to be back out on the road and possibly hitch a ride to get the hell out of here.

     It wasn't until I arrived at the end of the rocky path, face to face with the massive towering steel gate and fence that seemed to run all the way down for miles that I realized just how fucked I was. How didn't I notice the stupid gates when we were coming in? I would have... only I was too engrossed in watching him sleep. Sleep!! So now, my profound idiocy had not only cost me my freedom, but potentially my life. 

      I hid behind the trees with the hopes that they'd leave again to "look" for me when they noticed I was gone, probably open the gates in the process and I could so very thankfully slip out and be on my merry way. The gates were however automated of course the one and only high-tech thing in the entirety of this rustic, rural-looking forest estate would be the frickin gates.

      There was a scanner in the structure that refused me access the instant I tried to slip out after the car had left. I could physically hear my heart breaking as I heard the inner locks click together as it wound shut right in front of me, almost as loudly as the pounding in my chest the moment I heard that he-devil call out my name as he came looking for me.

      I slipped behind one of the large trees to hide, and I'd like to think I must have been doing a good job until he very unnecessarily shot his gun in the air like a poacher in the frickin savannah. It was game over in an instant.

I shot him another glare, holding up my bounded hands as he walked past me with unbothered indifference, the asshole had ripped out the ropes from my own sandals and tied me up with them, forcing me to walk up the trail with barely enough balance to stand up straight.

I didn't understand what he still wanted with me. If he was so mad about what I did that he had to kidnap me, what else did he have in store... rape? murder?? both??? Because I surely couldn't make him the said five hundred grand that he wanted for such a simple mistake, and it wasn't as though he could get me to rob a bank to pay him or...

My eyes widened and I froze. All of a sudden, it all began to make sense... his intentions...

I stared at him as he arrived at the entrance of the cabin, slowly peeling off his black blazer and revealing the blood-stained white shirt underneath, as he rolled up its sleeves, I noticed tucked into the back of his long, smooth black trousers was a quite possibly the most conspicuous gun I'd ever seen. I stood there for a few, considering my probability of survival if I tried to take the weapon from him.

... possibly slim to none...

I shook my head, my thoughts waning backward as I aggressively flipped over the hair that settled on my lips. His intentions for me were now clearer than ever, he wasn't planning on killing me... he was planning on using me to make his money back.