Chapter 43- The End... or not

ROWAN HUNTER- The Angel's Darkness

               T.W: Gore, Violence... etc.

                   I paced back and forth the entrance to the exposed roof top, beads of sweat gliding down the sides of my face despite the raging cold wind that seemed to be centred at the height of the building.

Ian cackled quietly, reminding me of his irritating presence next to me. He shoved himself off the ground, dusting off his designer trousers as though it would do him any good, the dirt from the ground were the least of his worries since basically everything he had on was stained with blood.

I pressed tightly around the gun in my hand, the voices in my head desperately advocating against my decision to spare Ian's life... a decision which was certainly dwindling with each second I watched him laugh harder.

"What the fuck is funny?!" I bit out

"He made you choose didn't he?" Ian muttered, attempting to suppress his twisted humour. "Between the women and... her?"

My eyes narrowed as I waited for him to get to the point.

"It was my idea." He cackled again, this time with more hinge than before... he knew he was crossing dangerous territory, and so consciously... his seriousness was revived. "... to make you choose between the women who's lives our father ruined and the woman who's life You threaten to destroy."

   Hatred and rage burned in his eyes for me as he confessed his malice without a hint of remorse.
With the subtle return of his usual bravado, Ian began pacing, the joy of being in control surrounding him as he inched into what was left of the space between us.

"You see Travis may be the main thorn in your flesh but I..." he isolated each word in a whisper "I know you brother..."

"I was there when father shot you for the very first time." He smirked. "And the second... and the third... I... Was... There."

He stepped back a few paces. "I practically watched him snuff the humanity out of you until you were nothing left but a soulless monster."

Ian shrugged. "So you could imagine my surprise when Lucius informed me of how..." he gestured "Poetically... you spoke of her. A soulless monster... in love... with an innocent"

"Letting her go because you wanted her nowhere near this mess?" He chuckled "that's pathetic!!"

The air grew thinner as he spoke, the grit in his sentence nearly numbing my senses. "Father Would Be Disappointed!!"

"I never thought you'd stoop this low, Ian," I seethed back, my grip on the gun tightening as I once again began to reconsider my decision to spare him.

Ian sneered, "Before father made a man out of you you were always so blinded by your emotions. He would be disgusted to see what you've become, a weakling choosing a woman over his legacy."

The mention of our father, the man I wanted nowhere near a conversation about legacy or women made my wrath boil over, I uncocked the cannon in my hand and flung it aside, deciding that physical violence was the only way to make Ian talk.
In a spare breath I began pummeling his face, chesting a few blows from him in return before slamming my head into his and watching him stagger backward.

"Tell me where the hell you're keeping her!" my voice trembled with both fury and fear as I bunched up his collar in my fist and retracted my arm for another blow.

He began laughing, coughing recklessly as he did so.

"Oh my God..." he muttered spitting out a mouthful of blood, exhaustion written all over his face as he handed me his phone. "Kyle has sent both addresses" a derisive scoff escaped him. "Make your choice, dear stepbrother. Who are you going to save?"