Chapter 25- Shocking News

ROWAN HUNTER- The Angel's Darkness

"You cancelled our engagement through a text. You didn't even have the decency to tell it to my face?" Her words snapped me out of my thoughts, her eyes widening as she shook her head in utter disbelief. "Was it because of what I said?"

       "No Vivian... it's not." I scoffed recalling she'd uttered the dreaded three words to me a few nights before my father died. I barely took it into consideration... her legs were wrapped around my waist back then and I had half of me inside her... she wasn't in her right mind and clearly in no position to blow out that rattling confession.

She hadn't changed a bit... the conversations had always been good, the sex... even better, but I spent months of our "relationship" watching her, observing her actions and defining her character...
Vivian didn't crave companionship, she craved the chase... and perhaps that was the real reason I knew she didn't mean those three words... it was a gateway, and she said it to every man who she found stupid enough to concede to it.

      My decision to end our engagement was abrupt and frankly inspired by nothing other than resentment for my dead father... the relationship I shared with her was merely transactional, hence I figured it's termination needed to be so as well... a text would do just fine... I knew Vivian, and she didn't take no for an answer, if I'd chosen to end things face to face... I'd probably end up in her bed before I could even get the words out.

      Her gaze softened as she smiled, a narrow glimpse of her pearly whites peeking through her viciously dark red lipstick before she spoke. A mischievous curled smirk appeared at the edge of her lip as she took a step closer to me, her brown orbs leering into me like I was tonight's dinner

     "Well..." she tilted her head, her hands slowly grazing against me as she ran them up my chest until her fingers were clamped around my neck. "It's a little late but I'm glad to see you've come back to your senses."

       She leaned forward, burying her mouth on to the nape of my neck, planting warm, needy kisses as she whispered... "I've missed you Hunter..."
      With increasing intensity, she pushed herself further into me, without a care in the world that we were stood on the side of the street... granted it was a closed estate and the entire residential area was as empty and quiet as a graveyard, I doubted if the situation were reversed she would show any discretion at all.

    Her hand began lowering downward, the tips of her fingers brushing against my belt "oh Hunter why don't we go insi—"

        I inhaled sharply, the feel of her touch ransacking me immediately awaking my impatience. "No Vivian." I muttered as I grabbed her by the wrists, pulling her arm off before letting go, my jaw tightening as she lightly stumbled backwards with a shocked gasp.

     "Very first time you've reached out to me since then" she scoffed lightly to as she tucked a chunk of her curly brown hair behind her ear, her eyes narrowing suspiciously at me. "Oh bevels Hunter don't tell me you're here because you... want something?"

     Smart girl.
"Yeah..." I whispered, lowering my head in a solemn sigh. "I do."

       "You've gotta be fucking kidding me..." She let out a disbelieving scoff, tightening her folded arms as she raised her brow, awaiting my elaboration.

Not that I expected her to be... she wasn't impressed by my shoddy attempt to show remorse, and while there was hardly any superficial annoyance on her calm expression... there was no doubt something in her was humming commands in her head to set me on fire.

      I wasn't oblivious to my inborn audaciousness. I walked into every room chest first, I let my gun do the talking if too many words were being said, I took whatever the fuck I wanted and damned the consequences later, I asked no questions and answered to no one and I sure as hell never asked for permission to do shit.