Chapter 46- Thrill Seeking

ROWAN HUNTER- The Angel's Darkness

T.W- Sexually Explicit scenes
Read with Discretion 💕

           "What the hell are you doing here Slade?!"

       She frowned, her chest expanding and contracting as she heaved. The sharp hiss in her tone registered her irritation and the humanity I'd seen in her eyes were gone, in its wake a monotonous coldness.

"I should be asking you that." I spat, snatching the nearly empty tequila bottle in her hand as she attempted to lift it to her mouth.

        Roaming my gaze across the room of reckless partygoers, the sounds of their pointless laughters mixed with the volatile music nearly triggering me into an explosion. "where is Reese?" I gritted.

   Her gaze thinned "With Jackson in Denver." With somewhat of a subtle eye roll, she turned away, digging her hand into the breast pocket of her cropped jean jacket. "Reese is not my babysitter you know."

     My eyes followed, louring over her from head to toe. 
    Her wavy blonde hair had fallen loosely over her shoulders, a couple strands sticking to the sides of her face as it dampened from all the sweat of her dancing in the clustered up room.
      Underneath that pointless jacket of hers was a strapless white top, its hem dangling lightly over the belt of the short skirt she had on. A piece of fabric that barely covered her ass.

It didn't take a genius to notice I was steaming in rage. Yanking her by her arm, I hissed, my lips nearly grazing her ears. "What the hell are you wearing?"

       Her brows furrowed as my hand tightened around her, as soon as she noticed the effect she was beginning to have on me... a mischievous smile rounded the corner of her lips.

     She leaned in, her gorgeous, red lipped smile trickling into a grin as she whispered "Whatever the fuck I want."

     Fucking hell.

   "You're dressed like a whore Cassidy." I spat irritatedly. "We're leaving. Now."

The more my gaze lingered, the harder it was to rip it off. She was stunning... and what was worse, was that she knew... and she'd gotten damn good at using it against me.

Her feet were covered in sexy black boots that just looked like they were ready to stomp anything in their path.
The painfully dark and reckless aura swarming around her, instantly rendering her the most dangerous woman in the room.

       It wasn't until she leaned back that I realised just how much the danger had indeed been actualised.
My brows furrowed. "Is that?"

     The low cracking of the lighter in her hand provided an answer before she did, the yellow and orange flame slowly burning at the tip of the tube between her lips.
     She took a sharp inhale and smiled.

I scoffed reflexively snatching it out of her mouth. "You really are smoking..."

"What the hell?" She hissed like a bothered cat.

"You're supposed to be in therapy Cassie." I spat, mirroring her glare with a sharper scowl

"Yeah well... therapy is pretty boring when all you want to do is self sabotage!" She stretched her palm, her tone insistent and demanding "give it back."

    "Fuck no." I withdrew it, turning around in expectance of her to follow  "Get your things. For the last time, We're leaving. Now."

    "I'm not going anywhere with you Slade." She drolled out in boredom.