Chapter 21- Unleash the kraken

ROWAN HUNTER- The Angel's Darkness
T.W: Descriptive Violence...
Read with discretion XO

       I raised a brow at the mention of Ivan's words, the fucker was in an even worse condition than his dead friends yet he managed a smile on his face as soon as Cassidy walked in.
    The fuck did he mean calling her that...  "его принцесса" had they met before?

     I tore her a glare, realising she looked equally confused, she didn't seem to have an idea about who he was or how he knew her, yet the lingering grin on his face suggested otherwise.
      The second I'd burst into the room guns blazing, I caught sight of him with his pistol pressed against Bane's temple, a wicked smile on his face as he looked at me and pulled the trigger.
The entire way here, I considered all the the narratives about how Ivan, lowly town gang leader had the audacity to trash my warehouse and kill my man. Someone had to have given him the information about how to get in... someone had to have given him information about when I wouldn't be at the building... someone had to have told him where to find me.

Fuck.

Regardless of the amount of questions I asked myself still... I knew only one answer lied at the end.

Ian wasn't a fair player, I wasn't expecting team spirit or sportsmanship from him but I'd admit, I never imagined such ballsiness either.
Him planting a mole around me was one thing... coming for me and my business? that was hell of a different game.
It started to make sense that he'd use Ivan to execute and attack. Ivan had motive, he'd wanted me dead since the dawn of time... the only discouragement being the fact that I was just too powerful for him and his measly town gang resources. It was however a different ballgame having the support of someone like Ian who in no little way had the ability to thrust whatever assistance Ivan might have needed to kill me to him.

Things like guns, man power... those ridiculous trucks out back... they all read Ian.

I knew that fucker was going to use the fact that Kyle had stolen my money to try to steal power from under me, I suppose I just wished Bane didn't have to pay the price for it.
Bane paid the price now, but if I knew Ian well... Ivan was only a palate cleanser and the main course was still on the way.
I inched a few paces closer to Ivan's tied up form, my jaw clenching as I watched the blood that dripped from the spot on his forehead where I'd smashed my gun handle slowly stream down the sides of his face.
    My eyes trailed over to Bane's lifeless body on the floor next to him, blood seeping out of the bullet wound in his skull, in an uncontrolled bout of rage, my fists tightened around Ivan's collar and before I knew it... I was drilling into him like an oil rig on a sunny day, punching him within an inch of his life before letting go.

"Listen to me Ivan. I don't have all the time in the world so I'd rather you don't waste it and answer my questions" I muttered quietly, pulling out the small black handkerchief I had tucked into my breast-pocket and wiping the blood off my fingers and raw knuckles.
He groaned, his head tilted limply to the side as his eyes rolled around dizzily, the entirety of his face now covered in dark red.
       With a sharp turn of my gaze toward Cassie, I asked "Do you know who she is?"

      He exhaled out a low chuckle as his eyes landed weakly on her. "No... I don't."
       As soon as he completed his sentence, I smacked him across the face, Cassidy squealing as his blood nearly splattered over her.