Chapter 22- How do you know Kyle?

CASSIDY TYLER- The Boss' Angel

"H... Hello?"

"Oh wow... what a beautiful surprise, Hi princess..."

Kyle's voice seeped into my ears from the other end of the line, the sound of his low and derisive chuckle quickly rehashing everything I'd thought I'd left buried months ago.

"Where the hell are you Kyle?" I queried, Slade Hunter nearly breathing down my neck as he watched me like a hawk.

"Put it on speaker!" He ordered.

"Do not..." Kyle retorted immediately, his tone nearly rivalling the don's with command "...put it on speaker. I'd hate to have your shit on the internet in the next five minutes princess."

I froze. My tear filled eyes trailing back to Slade Hunter's as I was forced to flounce his order.

"Don't worry too much Cassie... you'll see me soon...  with my feet over Hunter's body while I sit on his throne" he cackled with hysteria "and of course... I'll have your sweet ass right where it belongs too... in my bedroom."

        I looked up at the vague image of the Don marching toward me... as Kyle spoke, I'd heard him repeat his order for me to put the phone on speaker, and while I didn't for the second time... his patience must have worn thin.
      He snatched the phone out of my hand and pressed it against his ear, hissing out the words "where the hell are you Travis!"
Perhaps realising Kyle had hung up, the Don looked back at me, a bitter scowl marring his alluring features.

"What did he say?" He bit out.

      I swallowed, my fingers still trembling as Kyle's words reverberated in my ears. "Nothing..." I lied "he didn't say anything."

     The ride back from the warehouse was just as I dreaded it would be, quiet and tense.
It seemed every passing second of my mere existence and presence in his car, the Don grew more and annoyed. His hand tightened around the wheel, his piercing black gaze was fixated on the dark road ahead and his mouth was wound so tightly his cheekbones hollowed in like he'd sucked the air out of his face.

I remained silent, certain he wouldn't be so dismissive and lenient with me if I let out any more quick-mouthed comments, and while I might have asked him to kill me several times now... this instance might be the first time I actually did mean it.
My life was slowly being swept off its reigns, and right before my eyes... I could see everything tumbling around me until I was stood on nothing but a mountain of my own mistakes, poor choices and consequences.

I glanced at Slade, my chest constricting at the sight of his immaculate side profile, as much as I hated being in the receiving end of his rage, I couldn't help but admit... he looked beautiful when angry. Do I tell him the real reason I helped Kyle steal the keys?

I shook my head, shifting uncomfortably in my seat... absolutely not.
My telling him wasn't going to change anything, like he'd said earlier... I'd given Kyle the keys to release the kraken, I could only hope I wouldn't get destroyed in the fallout.

"Slade?" I voiced out his name before I could stop myself, physically cringing as he ignored me.
I continued.
"Why is your father satan?"