ONE - A Sticky Situation

Through out the book I really put a lot of thought for the songs in each chapter

Through out the book I really put a lot of thought for the songs in each chapter. The song usually correlates to what's happening in the chapter. So if you like listening to music when you read, I definitely recommend it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This last year has been by far, the worst year of my life.

It all started with finding out my boyfriend of two years was cheating on me with my supposed 'best friend'. To say I was shocked, was a bit of an understatement. Accidentally walking in on my 'best friend' and my boyfriend together in bed at a party, was just the tip of the iceberg. And If that wasn't gut wrenching enough, a couple months after that, my mom died from cancer.

So needless to say this hasn't been my year.

My dad and I's relationship has definitely been strained ever since my mom's death 6 months ago. Something as traumatic as that can definitely change a person. I can't say I blame him for being so distant, but I just wish he would talk to me more, because I'm also struggling.

So because of all the different reasons why my life has gone to literal shit, my dad decided to send me off to spend the summer with my aunt Sydney in Florida.

I didn't know whether it was a good idea or not. Initially, I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay with my dad, so we could both learn to cope together. But thinking about it more, maybe it's good to have a break from everything. My dad insisted I go, he said he was going to pick up extra shifts, so we probably wouldn't see much of each other anyway.

So I guess working 70 hours a week is how he's coping.

So that's why I'm currently sitting on my overly packed suitcase inside of the Orlando airport.

As I'm sitting here waiting for my aunt, I look around at all the smiling people, who are excited for their summer vacation to start. While Im here just trying to forget how my life is falling apart.

From my position on my suitcase, I watch the large family a few feet in front of me. I watch as the young girls mom puts Minnie ears on the little girls head. I can't help but feel jealous of the interaction. I feel my stomach sink as I watch the two embrace.

The last time I hugged my mom was when she was dying in the hospital.

"Payden?" Is all I hear to break me from my depressing thoughts.

"Aunt Sydney?" I ask getting up from my seat in the overly crowded airport, looking over to see a familiar face.

"Oh my gosh it's been so long!" My aunt practically shouts as she runs over to me and wraps her arms around me in a bear hug.

I chuckle as I almost fall over from the impact.

"Honey you look so gorgeous." She says, finally letting go from the long hug, taking in my appearance.