ELEVEN - Spending The Day With Gray

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of abuse

* * * *

Once we enter his black jeep, he starts to drive off. This is weird. I never thought it would ever be just Grayson and I, hanging out.

As we are driving to wherever we are headed, I look over at Grayson. I try to forget what Kaylee said about him, there's no way that's the reason he's been nice to me. Right?

"Where are we going?" I ask Grayson, trying to cloud the thoughts in my mind.

"Do you like pancakes?" He asks, turning down the radio.

"Ya?" I ask confused.

"Cool, then we are going to Summer and I's favorite place to get pancakes." He says once we reach a stop sign.

I Smile up at Grayson. Grayson does seem like a good guy, maybe he just had to slowly warm up to me?

As we are driving, I notice myself staring at Gray, so appreciative of all he's done. He could've just let me stay in that room with that guy. He didn't have to take me to his house, and made sure I was ok. He didn't have to do any of this. But im so thankful he did.

After a couple more minutes of driving, we get to our destination.

It's a really cute breakfast place, that almost looks like an old fashioned cottage, sitting on top of a hill.

"This place is the cutest thing I've ever seen!" I say excitedly.

"Hm, that's funny cause, I thought I was." He says looking down at me with a smirk on his face.

I look up at him and roll my eyes, hitting him playfully.

"Hey, I thought you said hitting me would be animal abuse." He says opening the door for me.

I tried to hide the smile that forms on my face, at the sweet gesture.

"I thought I'd make an exception." I say sassily.

"Hey, Grayson honey." A sweet old lady says coming up to us.

"Hi Mary," He says giving the lady a hug. "Hows Jerry doing?" He asks standing next to her.

"He's been better hun, the doctors said his cancer is spreading." She says looking up at him with a sad smile.

"Im so sorry, when you see him, please give him my best." He says, giving her another hug. "And if there's anything I can, do just let me know." He says rubbing her back.