TWENTY NINE - A Stripper That Fell In The Ocean

*     *     *     *     *

* * * * *

We rush thru the doors of the hospital, going in all sorts of different directions to get to his room. We were running, but it didn't feel fast enough. Im sure we were getting strange looks, a guy and girl running through the hospital in dripping wet clothes, my makeup smearing down my face, and our crazy looking hair. But we didn't care.

We needed to see him, I need to see him.

Speeding down the hallway, we were just feet away from Noah's room. As we approach the door, I stop in my tracks, causing Grayson to slam into my back.

"Jesus Payden." Grayson mumbles, grabbing my shoulders, so I don't fall.

Once I'm steadied, I nervously crack my knuckles, staring at the hospital door. I let out a long breath when I feeling knots form in my stomach.

"Payden?" Grayson asks, noticing my sudden change of mood. "What's wrong?" He asks softly.

I bite my bottom lip. "What if-" I pause. "What if Noah doesn't want to see me?" I ask genuinely.

Graysons lips curl up into a sympathetic smile. "He wants to see you Payden. Why would he not?" He asks, stroking my hair as I stare down at me feet.

"What if he thinks that it's my fault?" I ask causing Grayson to shake his head.

"You cant think like that Pay." Grayson whispers.

Too late. That's all I think about. Every time I close my eyes, all I see is Noah's face. His face the moment he saw the gun. God, I'll never be able to forget that. It was pure fear.

"It's all I think about Grayson, it's been eating me alive. All I see is Noah's face and how he pushed me away. I just wish I could forget it all."

Grayson softly caresses my cheek. God I've missed his touch. "I cant even imagine how awful that must be, But you're strong, and so is Noah. You both fought as hard as you could, and it'll get easier." He says kissing my forehead ever so softly. "He pushed you out of the way. He made that decision."

I let out a soft sigh. "But I don't feel strong Gray. I so badly want to break down, scream and cry to make it all go away, how am I strong if I feel that way?"

"Because you're here. You've managed to get up out of bed everyday, you're out living life, breathing in the fresh air. Not many people can do that after what happened to you Pay. You'll always have bad days, but at the end of the day, you're a fighter." Grayson says, the small smile not escaping his gorgeous face.

His words strike a cord to me. He seems so genuine, so truthful, I can't help but believe him.

"So, are you ready to go see our friend?" Grayson asks, intertwining our fingers together.

I stare into Graysons deep brown eyes, searching for an answer until I realized I had to make the decision myself.

"Let's go." I whisper, causing Grayson to smile.