TWENTY ONE - Loosing Both Boys

*******************

                       *******************

Who would've thought, me spending the summer in Florida, would resort to such a heart break.

I came here to forget about my problems, I came here to enjoy the summer with Sydney.

But now I'm laying here with a broken heart. Two summers in a row. Its like im on a record player, stuck on repeat.

A broken heart because I can't be with the guy I have grown feelings for in a short amount of time. It kills me even more because I'm not even allowed to see him, all because of his disgusting excuse of an uncle. I now realize how awful he is. God only knows what he does to Gray and Summer when there's no one around.

A broken heart because I cant even see my best friend, Summer. The person who in the short time of me being here, has truly turned to a person I can't live without.

Now the two of them are basically just a memory.

Im furious.

This douche bag comes into town, and ruins everything!

Im furious that nothing can be done. We cant tell the cops because they're friends with the psycho bitch. Grayson and Summer told me not to even tell Sydney, because there's nothing she can do. All that Sydney would do is tell the cops. So now we are back at square one.

How can someone do this to another person?
This is beyond cruel and disgusting. I feel so sorry for the both of them.

I wish there was something I could do.

  *
        *
*

As I'm laying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, I ponder on what I could possibly do today. This past week has been full of absolute boredom.

Our friend group is slowly falling apart, and it breaks my heart to see that. My friends are what have been keeping me going.

Turning to my side, I advert my eyes over to the window, gazing out onto the warm summer day.

"Pay!" Aunt Sydney shouts from downstairs.

Letting out an audible sigh, I shout back. "Up here!" I announce.

As I hear my aunts foot steps leading up to my bedroom door, I don't bother to get up from my cradled position in bed.

I close my eyes, as I see my aunt enter my room.

"Honey, you have barely left your bed this whole week." She says taking a seat on my bed. "What's going on with you?"

At first I don't respond. Not even sure what to say. "Nothing." Is all I can manage to say.

"That's bullshit, and you and I both know it." She says sitting up and putting her hand on my leg. "Please just tell me."

I let out a sigh and sit up, so I'm facing my aunt. I take in her very worried state. Once I see how worried she is, I take her hands in mine and look into her eyes.