FIVE - Dont Ever Keep The King Waiting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its the next morning and I already feel exhausted. I had a really hard time trying to fall asleep last night, because every time I closed my eyes, I would just start crying, thinking of my mom.

As I get up from my bed, I can feel how heavy my eyes are from all the crying last night. As I slowly get out of bed, there's a knock at my door.

"Honey it's me, can I come in?" My aunt asks.

"Sure." I say, my voice sounding groggy.

She opens my door, and steps inside. "Are you ok? Its already 1 o clock, and your just getting up?" She ask's slightly concerned.

I let out a huff of air. "Im fine, I just kept thinking about mom last night, so I didn't get much sleep." I say going over to my vanity. As I sit down at my stool and look in the mirror, my eyes widen when I see how swollen my eyes are.

Damn I look rough.

My aunt lets out a sad sigh, as she makes her way over to me. "I've been thinking about her a lot too." She says putting her hand on my shoulder. "Your mom was such a wonderful woman. We were both so lucky to have had her in our lives. She was the best sister I could have ever asked for." She says, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "I know it's hard right now, and I'm not sure when it will get easier, but I want you to know that you shouldn't feel guilty for moving on. It's OK to make friends and have fun, that's what your mom would want." She says bending down to get to my eye level.

I wipe the tears falling from my eyes. It's like she read my mind because that's exactly how I've been feeling. Guilty. Guilty for making all these new friends. Guilty for having fun even tho she's gone. Guilty for not thinking of her as much as I probably should be.

"And I want you to know that I'm always here for you, if you ever want to talk about anything." She says giving me a sad smile.

I let out a sniffle. "Thank you Sydney." I say, trying to muster up a smile.

"Of course sweetheart." She says, kissing my forehead. "I'm gonna go downstairs and turn on friends, come down whenever you're ready and I'll order from whatever restaurant you want."

I nod my head as she leaves my room.

Today is going to be rough.

*
*
*

As it's later in the day, my aunt had to go to work. She asked me if I wanted her to call off so we could spend the day together, but I said no, and that I'll be fine. So here I am, just chilling on the couch, watching Julie and the Phantoms, (Great show btw) finishing up my wings that aunt Sydney ordered for me from Applebees.

As I'm taking the last bite of my wing, there's a knock at the door.

Not feeling like getting up to answer it, I just let it go. A couple seconds later, the person knocks again, and again and again. Realizing they aren't going to stop until I get up and answer it, I let out an annoyed huff and go answer the door.