TWO - A Fucking Superhero

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I. Cant. Sleep.

I look over at my phone that's plugged in on my side table. Its 2:50 am.

I let out an annoyed sigh.

I take my pillow from underneath my head, and press it over my face as I let out an annoyed shriek.

Of course, no matter what I do, I can't manage to let sleep take over. I've tried everything. From reading a few chapters of Moby Dick, that for some reason my dad insisted on me bringing. To taking a fat dose of NyQuil, but of course nothing has been working.

I sit up from my position in bed, and swing my legs to the side of my bed. I turn my head to the left, so I'm looking out of the window. I then get up, and walk over to the door that leads to my balcony. Once I open the white door, I immediately get greeted by the salty air swarming my senses.

I rest my forearms along the balcony, as I peer out and watch the ocean waves crash to a relaxing tune. Having the ocean just feet away from my bedroom, is such an amazing feeling.

In this moment, being here doesn't seem so bad. Living on the beach is a lot of peoples dreams, and it definitely was a dream of mine when I was little. I remember I always wanted to learn how to surf whenever I would come to visit my aunt. Florida has the perfect waves for it.

Maybe one day I could learn.

As I'm looking out at the ocean, I see what looks like a person jump into the waves.

What crazy person would go into the ocean at this time of night?

I watch them go in and out of the water a couple of times, but as I continue to watch, I don't see them come back up.

Suddenly, I feel the hair stand up on my arms, almost as if I'm getting a Spidey sense that something isn't right.

Not waiting a second longer, I rush out of my room, and head downstairs. I swing open the back door, and run down to the beach. Luckily, it's only about a two minute walk. Well in this case, a two minute run.

It probably would've been faster for somebody that does cardio on a daily basis, But I definitely sure as hell don't do that.

Once I reach the sandy bottom, I run over to where I think the person was swimming in the ocean.

"Hey!" I scream, Praying that whoever is in there can somehow hear me, and also praying that if this person was drowning, they wouldn't be 200 pounds.