Are You Fucking Serious?

"Dina, can you do me a favor and sweep the lobby?" Tara asked as she prepared to get off her shift and go home. It was Delilah's last day in Woodsboro, two days before Wes' show, and Tara felt like she had to get as much time with her cousin as possible.

Her, Sam and Delilah had dinner together on Sunday, July fifth, but it was mainly just catching up on what's been happening with the three in the last few years. Tara hadn't seen Delilah in almost three years, and Sam in two, so there was quite a bit to discuss.

Apparently, Sam went down to LA a few times when she was still living in Modesto, but had the Alves family swear on not telling Christina or Tara about it. She knew that if Christina was to find out, there'd be arguments that would rise, and she'd probably go no contact with them, taking away Tara's chances of being close with her cousin and that side of the family.

That was the last thing she wanted for Tara, despite them being estranged at the time. Sam didn't want for her younger sister to suffer the consequences of Sam's relationship with their mother. It wasn't fair.

"Yeah, of course!" The girl replied, heading over to the back as she took off her apron. Tara just sighed and looked back down at the iPad in front of her, trying to remember if she needed to do anything else before transitioning with the closer.

Majority of the things were done, seeing as Tara put away the order and made another order this morning, she did the milk count and the pull, had done tips (which was a pain in the ass due to how many times she had to stop what she was doing and go back out onto the floor to help her baristas during rush) and she had her baristas do some of the closing tasks early.

Floors were sweeped and moped, hot bar breakdown was also done, the urns for drip coffee were cleaned, and they had even cleaned one of the ovens already. So things were going well. Everybody got their breaks, everything was restocked and Tara was on top of her Shift Leading on her own.

Her manager has seen her work as well, being out on the floor for a bit. Her not hesitating to tell him where she wanted him or telling him what to do was great. He could tell she knew how to lead and wasn't afraid to do so, even if it meant leading her superior. The girl was doing so good, and Matt was more than proud.

(He was also glad that he didn't have to send her to another store for her promotion, because he liked having her working at his store, but that's a story for another time.)

"Hey girl, sorry I'm late." The closing Shift, Karla, came in and grabbed an iPad to do her Daily Check In before going into the back.
"You're good, don't worry about it." Tara gave her a small smile as she signed the paper and handed it over for Karla to sign.

Karla was a Latina woman in her thirties, had her hair dyed blonde, and was just a few inches taller than Tara. She was known as the protector of the entire team, and some even considered her a mother.

Karla was straight up with anyone. There was no weird toeing around something, if you fucked up and Karla knew about it, she'd call you out. And that woman had an incredible sense of humor.

"So I've done the pull, milk count, and tips. The order's also been done, and we started on some of the closing tasks as well," Tara informed Karla once they walked into the back. "Hot bar break down has been done, Dina's sweeping the lobby but cleaned one of the ovens prior, and floors are done too."

"Great! Thank you girl." Karla said with a small smile on her face, clocking in and then writing it in the change log that she was late.

"OH! And everyone's got their breaks, except for Landon, who just has a ten, Dina, who needs her last ten, and Dennis, who has a lunch and a ten." The dark haired girl quickly added, going over everything in her head once more to ensure she didn't miss anything.