02

~ River Moon ~

I take a few steps into the kitchen but stop to take in what I see in front of me. My mother and father sitting on one side of the table and the man I have been training to kill for over 5 years and his family on the other. 

"Well don't just stand there, come, sit." My father says, I keep my eyes on him as I sit down next to my mother. My father coughs again. "Manners River."

I sit in silence, still trying to figure out why they are here, my father is the one who's has been training me the most to kill him. 

My mother speaks up. "You must forgive her, I think her mind is a little fuzzy from her mission." She says and smiles after. 

I look over to my father. "You should've told me that we had such special company over, I would've Brought my nicest knife." 

"¡Rio! suficiente." He says to me in Spanish. I sigh and cross my arms over my chest. [River! Enough.]

Reid Xander keeps his eyes on me and I stare back. He and his family are the leaders of the Italian mafia. My family is the leader fo the Spanish mafia, our mafias have been at war for years. 

My father has been training me for over a decade to kill the Xander heir, Reid. So when Jacob, the king right now, soon dies, they will have nobody to protect them other than a 45 year old woman who has been cheating on her husband ever since they got married and isn't even certain Reid is Jacobs and not a bastard. 

I keep trying to find a reason on why they could be here but no reasons come to mind. Except one. But there is no way my father would do that, and even if he had the idea my mother would never let him do it, right?

"What is this about?" I ask. My mother sighs and my father clears his throat. 

"We have arranged that you and Reid are going to marry." I slowly face him not believing what I have heard. When I don't say anything my mother speaks up. 

"River?" I start shaking my head slightly. This must be a joke, how could this be happening right now. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, I don't want to believe it. 

"I mean next month, you and Reid will have a wedding, with the officiator and everything, and in the mean time you will be living with the Xander's. All of your things have already been moved into their home." 

I scoff. "Surely you're joking." His face doesn't change. "So you are telling me, right here right now. That you have sold me to the enemy, what, for the fucking fun of it? You yourself have been training me for skills to use AGAINST these people and now you expect me to marry one of them?" 

"'Sold' isn't the word I would use, more like arranged." Reids dad, Jacob speaks up. I turn to look at him and say, 

"Did I look like I was fucking talking to you? Hmm?" I say in a very annoyed tone. My father now speaks up. 

"That is enough River! Jacob Is right, I didn't 'sell you off' I made an arrangement that will benefit everybody involved. Yes, The Italian mafia and the Spanish mafia haven't been on the best of terms over the last few years. 

"But with your marriage, it will make us one, and stronger than any other mafia out there." He says before he interlocks his fingers on the table. "Now, you are going to apologies to our guests, go upstairs and take a shower, then get changed into cloths that aren't covered in blood and then you are going to leave with them. Am I understood?" He raises his eyebrows and 

I stand up with out saying a word and head up stairs to my room. As soon as I get in I take off mat cloths and get into the shower. When I finish I get into a pair of jeans and a top and walk downstairs. 

They are all standing at the door in silence waiting for me. My mother walks up to me and hugs me, I can tell she has been crying, she whispers in my ear. "Lo siento mucho, mi amor. Estouy cansado.  [I am so sorry, my love. I tried.]

I hug her back and say. "I know, I know." I move back and look at my father. I don't bother saying anything, I look back at my mom. "I will see you soon, i'll make sure of it." She smiles and nods her head. 

"Right we are off then." Zoe, Reids mother, says. Jacob puts his hands toward the door and says. "After you." I walk off out the door and they all follow behind me. My life is forever fucked. 

I stand in front of the limo and wait for every body to get in before I do. Zoe and Jacob sit next to each other on the long side chair, Reid sits in front of them and I sit in the back. 

Reid hadn't said a word the entire time he was there. And since we go into the car he has been on his phone "Reid, I am going to need you to show River around the house when we get home. It is quite big and she isn't going to be staying there for a while." Jacob says. 

 Reid looks up from his phone. "Why?" 

"What do you mean why?" Zoe says. "Reid she will be your wife, it will also he good for you two to spend some time together." Before Reid can say anything I speak up. 

"I can't tonight, I have a few things to do probably won't be back until tomorrow, the only reason I am here right now is so I know where to go when I come back since my father sold me off to you and also I need a dress so." 

"Works for me I won't have to see ur ass all night, yay." Reid says. I scoff and his dad speaks up. 

"Reid Xander! Sii rispettoso, sarà tua moglie tra un mese, quindi mostra un fottuto rispetto. [Reid Xander! be respectful, she will be your wife in a month so show some fucking respect.] 

"Perché? non è che mi innamorerò di lei, cazzo. E se Wither di voi dice che c'è una possibilità che io lo faccia, guardatevi allo specchio del cazzo. Sei sposato da quanti anni? E non ti sei innamorato, non sono stupido, so che entrambi vedete altre persone e siete ancora insieme solo per la mafia, nemmeno io."  ["Why? it's not like i am going to fucking fall in love with her. And if either of you say that there is a chance i will, look in the fucking mirror. You have been married for how many years? And you didn't fall involve, I'm not dumb I know you both see other people and are only still with each other for the mafia, not even me."] 

One thing I don't think they know is that I speak Italian, and that was a whole lot of shit, soon enough we arrive to the house and its fucking huge. And this is the moment I think everything will be fine in the end but instead I just think this would be a fucking amazing house to have a fight in. 

..........................................................................

Word count: 1258

HEYY! wat did u guys think of this chapter? and wat do u guys think of the Xander's. Anyway don't forget to comment and vote!