07

- Reid Xander -

I hear some commotion behind me and I turn around to see River on the floor, me and my father rush over to her, I put my arms around her and make her face me but by the time I get a hold of her she is already passed out. 

I push her hair out of her face and wipe her tears, I have no idea what caused this but I don't care right now. 

After we kissed in our bedroom, my head has been a little scrambled, but I don't have time for that, I need to make sure she is okay. I tell everybody to back away and that is when I see Aaliyah, she pushed past everyone and joins me on the floor. 

"She was talking with her mom, it must be that," She says to me, that's when I realise it. River had found me and Ella in our room only a few hours before, and she seemed very upset about it, which I didn't understand because she was kissing a man at the club only a week before. 

But maybe it wasn't that, maybe something had happened before that made her upset. "We need to get her upstairs." Aaliyah says. I nod my head and start trying to get people to move, Aaliyah helps me. 

I pick River up bridal style. She starts to wake up a little and puts her arms around my neck. Aaliyah is pushing people out of the way so I can get to the stairs. 

We make it to the bedroom and I put her down on the bed, Aaliyah runs into the bathroom and comes out with a damp towel to put on her head. 

I sit beside her and hold her hand. "Do you know why she was so upset?" I ask, I turn to look at Aaliyah, the look on her face tells me she does. "Aaliyah." I say in a serious tone. 

She looks up at me and sighs in frustration. "Look, I can't tell you the main reason, but all you need to know is that her mission was hard, and then she went to her parents house which made her even more sad, and then when she came home to see you with your mistress, that just made it worse.

"I mean so bad that she was having thoughts again, she hasn't had those in over 5 years." She says sadly. I start to shake my head. 

"Mistress? Ella is not my mistress, I fucked her once and that was it." I said, making sure she knows. 

"I don't really care about you sex life Reid, but I don't think you should be telling me that." She says, looking at River. 

I look back at her she is still out cold. My mother and father storm through the door and slam it shut after. 

My father speaks up first. "What is wrong with her? She has embarrassed this entire family! This entire Mafia!" I stand up before he can say anything else. 

"Who the fuck do you think you are talking bout my wife like that?" I ask, I am significantly taller than he is so when I walk up to him, he looks up at me. 

"She is not your wife just yet. And why do you care? Only 2 weeks ago you were talking about her like you hate her, is it because she kissed you? I hate to break it to you son but I kiss is meaningless. She probably did it because she is drunk, and that is probably why she fainted." He says. It makes me even more mad. 

"You have no idea what you are talking about," I was going to continue but my mother stops me. 

"Enough, both of you. You can do this later but right now we need River to see the doctor, I already called him he is on his way, and everybody else has left. So save it for later please." She walks out of the room and y father joins her.