21

- River Moon

We get into the truck and I get Aaliyah to sit in the middle because I don't want Reid to see me like this. I know he is just worried but I still can't bear the look on his face when I didn't let him touch me. 

We start driving and I let my head rest on the window, fogging up the glass with my breath. I sit there, looking as the trees fly past as we drive alone with my thoughts of what has happened for however long we were in that place. 

I cant get Dantes face out of my head. I can still feel him all over my body, and inside me. I wrap my hands around my body and try to keep my tears in. 

I feel a hand on my leg and I flinch I tiny bit. I look whose hand it is and I see Aaliyah looking at me, sympathy filling her beautiful blue eyes. I give her a slight smile back and hold her hand. 

Soon enough we arrive to the airport and we get out of the car. Aaliyah immediately takes my hand and guides me to the door of the plane and we sit in seats that are facing each other. 

I look out the window while everybody gets on the plane. "Do you want something to drink or eat, Mrs Xander?" 

That name gives my chills down my spine. And I cant figure out why because technically that's my name, I am married to Reid Xander. But I just cant handle it and I don't know why. 

I look over tho the flight attendant and reply to her question, "I'm okay, thank you though." She nods her head and turns too Reid asking him the same question. 

I don't bother to listen to his answer, I turn my head to the window again and let all of my thoughts go when I feel Aaliyah tap my foot. 

I look at her, she has a phone and headphones in her hand, guiding them to me, I take them from her and and give her a smile. 

Once I put the headphones on and listen to some music and try to relax a bit. I don't understand why I am so stressed, I should be thankful I got out of that hellhole. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I close my eyes and try not to fall asleep, because I know what I will dream about, but I am so tired that soon enough I cant fight it anymore. 

I end up falling asleep but to my surprise I don't dream about Dante, instead I see my mother. She is wearing a beautiful blue dress that matches her eyes. She's standing there with open arms. 

I try to run up to her but when I get to her she fades away, I start yelling her name over and over trying t find her, but I cant, she's gone. 

Next thing I'm getting shaken awake, I open my eyes and see Aaliyah and Reid next to me. "What?" I ask as they have very concerning looks on their faces. 

"You were screaming on your sleep, Riv." Aaliyah says. I sight and lean my head back, fuck its gonna start happening again, the nightmares, the not being able to sleep, the no eating, no moving. 

It's a cycle that has almost killed me in the past, the one and only thing that has brought me so close to death it scares the fuck out o me jus thinking about it. 

Aaliyah must see the realisation on her face, "You're staying with me." I just keep my eyes closed because I know Reid wont have it and I can't be bothered dealing with it. 

He stands up and raises his voice at Aaliyah. "Absolutely not, you're crazy if you think I am going to let that happen." Aaliyah scoffs. 

"Respectfully, Reid. I have known River for way way longer than you have. You have no idea what she is going through right now-" She gets cuts off before she can continue. 

"Oh and you do?" Reid asks, he's getting himself into shit. 

"Actually, yes. Yes I fucking do Mr. Knowitall. Because I have already seen her go through this before and I know how to get her out of it and Respectfully you do not. If I she doesn't stay with me she is going to die, do you want that to happen?" 

"I would never let her die." Reid says, I can hear the fury in his voice. 

"Maybe not, but I know what is going to happen, and it doesn't matter how much you try, you can't fix her. Just let me do what I need to do, I'm not saying you can't see her, of course you can. I will bring her over myself. She just needs to stay with me." 

At that point I don't hear another word come out of Reids mouth so I am hoping he has accepted it. 

I open my eyes and see Reid gone, I don't know where, and Aaliyah sitting in front of me with a smile on her face, I smile back. 

The captain speaks over the intercom saying we are about an hour away from Landing. I just need this to be over with already, but I know there is still so much more to go through. 

..................................................................................

Word count: 909 

Hey guys!! 

Here is another chapter for you all I hope you enjoyed <3 

Again I now have an instagram acc where I post when chapters will be coming out and soon I will also be posting some character aesthetics and all of the connection books I hope to be writing in the future so go follow it 

@his.little.assassin 

-------> DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! <-------