12

- River moon

We walk into the bedroom, Reid drops his jacket into the bed and sits next to it, I sit next to him and rest my head on his shoulder, he puts his head on top of mine. 

I smile at the feeling then realise what I am doing, getting to comfortable. "No." I get up and walk away from him. I start shaking my head. 

"Whats wrong?" He asks, I continue to shake my head but smile slightly. 

"I am getting to comfortable with you, I won't let myself, it's going to hurt me In the end." He walks a few steps closer to me, I step back but my back hits the wall. 

"River, you are my wife, I am your husband. You can't hate me forever, you don't even hate me right now I don't think." He keeps getting closer.

He puts his hands on my arms rubbing them up and down. A tear rolls down my cheek, he wipes it away. I continue to shake my head but speak up. "I don't hate you, I don't think I could ever hate you." He smile.

 "I don't hate you either amour." He puts his head to mine, rubbing his thumb over my cheek. I stop shaking my head. 

"River," I hum. "I don't think I could ever hate you." I smile slightly at the comment. I should be thinking that I should push humid off of me, that I should start beating him up that I should hate him. 

But instead, I'm thinking how we could make this work, how I might feel a little more than like for him. 

"But I could never love you." He says, My face goes straight. I feel all the almost happiness that I was feeling drain. This is the moment when the 'beat him up' thoughts come up, and I act on them. 

I push him off of me, he looks at me in confusion. "What? You said it yourself that you hate me, you're confusing me River." 

" I did, I should but I don't, I just told you that I don't." I start to cry, I never thought my wedding night would be this bad. 

First my mother dies, then my husband tells me he could never love me, just my luck. "What so you love me?" 

"No! Maybe! Fuck, I don't know, I don't want to, trust me, but I can't help it." 

"So you do? Or you don't?" My emotions are running high, and this conversation isn't helping at all. 

"I don't know! I think I was starting to yes, but you saying that you could never loved me made me realise that I don't." I raise my voice, mad at this whole day. 

"So if I said that I know I could fall in love with you, you would say you do?" I groan loudly. 

"God Reid your confusing me! You either hate me, and know you always will, or you at least like me and will give us a shot. Make up your mind before I do it for you!" I walk off into the bathroom and slam the door, locking it. 

I fall against the door, I bring my knees up to my chest, I only now realise that I am still in my wedding dress. 

I see my mothers blood on the ends and in the middle, I see her dried blood on my hands, I get up and go to the sink. When I look up into the mirror I see I have her blood on my face as well.