09

- Reid Xander -

The last week has been very awkward between me and River. Ever since I slipped up and we slept together, it hasn't been the same. 

We are sitting at the dinner table with my parents and they are having their own conversation, I look over to River and she isn't eating her food, just playing with it. My father and mother were having a conversation about business, nothing amusing to me. I was about to speak up but River does before I can. 

"I'm sorry but I just remembered that I have training to do right now, thank you for dinner but I have to go." She takes the napkin off of her lap and goes for the elevator, I run after her not bothering to say anything to my parents. 

"River!" I try to make it into the elevator but the door shut before I can. I wait for it to Come back down and go to our bedroom. I walk into the room and see her zipping up a full body suite. She starts packing a duffel bag full of weapons. 

"River, I know you don't have training, where are you going?" She scoffs and looks at me. 

"How would you know anything about my life? You have known me for what? Barley even a month. And you think just because we fucked you need to know everything about my life? You said it yourself it was a mistake so leave me alone." 

"It was a mistake! And you think that to and don't try to say otherwise! I wasn't thinking straight and it just happened in the moment. My head was fucked." 

"That's not my problem, that whole night you were making me think that I could actually live with you, then you kiss me, then fuck me and now what? YOU fucked with MY head Reid. So yes your right it was a mistake, and it won't happen again. 

"But right now I have to go train, so I don't kill you in your sleep. Good bye." She walks out with her bag, running into my shoulder and slamming the door on the way out. 

- River Moon -

I arrive at the building I train at and go inside. It was a while drive so it's now around 11.40pm. I walk over to the knife throwing station and start unpacking my bag, When I first became an assassin knifes where my favourite weapon. 

But as I got older and more advanced I realised that they are good for fights but not shoot outs. I had to learn the hard way that the term 'never bring a knife to a gun fight' was true. Once I lay out all of my knifes I start throwing them at the target, imagining different peoples faces on them 

5 knives, 5 people. The first knife goes to my father, it lands on the right shoulder. Second knife goes to the man who cased me a lot of shit growing up, Roger Hayes. It lands on the crotch, I smile at the irony. 

Third knife goes to my first failed mission, Jake Mitchell, He stabbed me right in the gut and almost killed me. It lands in the on his waist. Fourth knife goes to the first man who broke my heart, Tyler Jones. The asshole broke up with me then fucked my best friend and now they are married. I throw the knife and it lands right in the middle of the neck. 

Last knife goes too Reid, to be honest I don't even know why I care so much, but I do. And it kills me, so I have to try and get him out of my head before it becomes a problem. I throw the knife and it hands on the heart. 

I scoff and walk over to the gun range station. I pick out all of my guns and line them up. I start shooting at the targets and get every shot that I aim for. Soon all of my guns run out of ammo and I have nothing else to do. I look down at my phone to see it is 12.30am.

I groan, wanting it to be later so the chances of me running into Reid are slight. I start to pack my shit when I hear the sound of things moving around. I grab one of the my knives and start to walk up to where I heard the noice.