18

- Reid Xander -

Me and River are sitting on the floor, our backs against the foot of the bed. I have one arm around her shoulders and the other holding her hand, she has her head on my shoulder. 

We've been sitting like this for what feels like hours, not saying a word. I don't want to make her any more uncomfortable by getting her to talk about what happened so I let her be. 

I hear the door open and I look up to see 5 girl all holding makeup bags and clothes, they all walk into the bathroom except one. 

She stands in front of us, "All of the girls will help you get ready for the dinner, River. You can head in now." I stand up to my feet and help River up as well. 

"I'm staying on here." I say, I don't trust anybody in this fucking place. I don't give a fuck who it is. The girl nods her head and goes to take Rivers arm but she just goes further into me. 

"I'm not going to hurt you River," She looks back to the bathroom to see if anybody can hear her then she turns her head back. "I'm here to help." She whispers. I look at her in confusion, Help? 

River nods her head slightly, like she understood completely what she said, am I missing something here? The girl grabs her arm and leads her to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. 

The girl quickly rushes over to me, getting something out of her back pocket. "In about 10 minutes, 3 guys are going to come in here and drag you out," No the fuck they're not. She brings out a flip phone from her back pocket and hands it to me. 

"We are in Naples, the phone only has one call on it so use it wisely. The dinner will start in 6 hours, and we have made a plan," She says, I put my hands out to stop her. 

"Hold on, we? A plan?" She nods her head. 

"Yes, just listen, will you? God, anyway. So, Dante isn't going to bring out the divorce papers until after you eat, that's when we will all be gathered around the table to witness 'the best thing to ever happen to us'" She says in quotations marks. 

"But what he doesn't know is that one of the girls found a door that leads to the back yard. And if you walk just a little to the right you will be at the windows that look into the dining room." Now I see what she is getting at. 

"She is one of the trusted, she has a gun so she is going to shoot the glass and hopefully not hit you or River, but once she shoots the glass all of the trusted will bring out their guns and start shooting, thats when you and River will run, run as far as you can. But you need to use the phone  before you leave it won't work outside the property." I nod my head. 

"River will be with us until the dinner, don't worry, we won't let anything happen to her. We have all gone through the same thing in here. Dante has no fucking respect for women, it's sick." She says, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Why should I trust you?" I ask, for all I know this could be one of Dantes games, this phone could do all sorts of things. 

"Because if you don't, you will die, and River will have to live the rest of her life as Dantes wife. And she will never be let free. You're right, you have no reason to trust me, but it's worth taking a chance to save her life, and yours." 

I don't say anything, I just stand there looking down at the phone. 10 minutes until the men come and get me, 6 until the dinner. I need to make this call now so Alex can get here in time. 

The girl goes to walk into the bathroom but I stop her. "Wait." She turns around. "I need to give my guys an exact location." 

"A location will be sent to the number you call with this exact location." She says, I nod and she continues her way into the bathroom. 

I open the phone and dial Alex's number. If this man doesn't pick up, I will haunt him from my grave. 

It rings, once, twice, three times, four times. "Hayes." Thank the fucking lord above. 

"Alex! It's me, Reid." I say. 

"WHAT THE FUCK?! REID? Oh my god, what the fuck? Where are you bro, I've been fucking scared shitless." He screams in my ear. 

"I know. Fucking Dante Miller took us. I don't even know how, one minute me and River are going to bed and next thing you know we wake up on a plane. Anyway, the girl who gave me the phone said that it would send you our exact location, has it?" 

"Yea. Naples? What the fuck?" I laugh at the comment. 

"Yeah I know, well I need you to get here ASAP. We have a dinner in 6 hours, and at this dinner Dante will be forcing me and River to sign divorce papers and then he will be killing me so,"

"Pfft, please. The bitch won't even get close." He cuts me off. 

"Well he was able to kidnap me so I don't think you can talk." I hear him laugh on the other end. "But I'm being serious Alex, I need you to get here quickly. And if you can't get me promise me you will get River." 

I hear him sigh. "Don't make me do that, Reid." 

"Promise me." I say again, I need to hear him say it. 

"I promise, but that's not going to happen, we will get you too." 

"That would be nice." I say, I hear him scoff on the other side.

"I love you bro." He says. 

"I love you too." I say back.  

Alex has been with me for decades, I hope to god that that was not my last time hearing his voice. 

...................................................................................

Word count: 1033

I love you. 

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTEEEEEE!!!!!!!