14

- River Moon - 

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF RAPE, ABUSE AND SEXUAL ASSULT 

I wake up on a dirt floor, I try to get up but I am to weak, my arms give out trying to lift myself up. "Reid?" I barley make out the words, I put my hand on my throat from the pain, I'm guessing that's something that Dante did. 

I try again, this time it gets out a little louder. "Reid?" This time I have an answer. 

"River? I am here baby, turn around." I use all my strength just to get my body facing the other way, I see him in the corner, just his figure though. 

"Reid, are you okay? I can't get to you, I can't walk." He doesn't bother answering he gets off the floor and makes his way to me, I see that it is a struggle. When he gets to me he rushes me into his arms, he spreads his legs so I sit in between him and he puts my body up to hug him. 

"I am so sorry River. So fucking sorry." He brings my head up so he's looking at me now. He starts caressing my cheek with his thumb. I give him a subtle smile. 

"It's not your fault." He sees my neck and starts to panic, I guess it was worse than I thought it was by the expression on his face. 

"I'm gonna kill him." His eyes flare will anger, I put my hands on his face making him look at me. 

"Can we talk about you killing people after, right now I just need you." He pulls me back into the hug without another word, I wrap my hands around his back, putting my head on his chest so I can hear his heart. 

It slows one he gets me back into his arms. He pulls my legs closer so that I am almost hugging them now. I wince from the pain. He immediately takes his hand off of me and to my head. 

"One of his men, he told me that Dante," He can barley get the words out. I can hear him sniffle. "He was h-hurting you?" I instantly break down. I grab onto him tighter, crying into his chest. He starts brushing my hair with his hand. 

"I am so sorry, Amore mio. I will never let anyone touch you again. I'm going to get us out of here and then we can do whatever you want." I wipe away the tears and look at him, giving him an emotionless smile. 

"I've lived with it before, I'm sure I will be fine." He looks at me in confusion. I curse to myself. I knew I was going to tell him eventually but I never thought it would be this soon. 

"When I first started training to be an assassin, my father was harsh. If I ever made one fuck up, it wouldn't end well for me. He would throw me into our basement and get all sorts of men to come and have their way with me. I never understood why he would let them do that. Because in my little dumb brain he loved me, but that wasn't an act of love. 

"If I missed a target, basement. If I failed a fight, basement. If I so much as showed up to training late by 2 seconds or woke up late, Basement. And when I failed my first mission, you can imagine how that went. He sent multiple men down that night, some of them came more than once, some of them came in a group. I had to get hospitalised that night. I couldn't walk for 2 months." 

I take a second to let him take it in. "It would go on until I was 15, I never made any mistakes since then. But sometimes he would just do it for the fucks of it. I would have nightmares about it for years. If I was in a dark room for more than 5 seconds I would have a panic attack," He cuts me off.

"That's why you sleep with the curtains open." I nod my head, bringing my hair behind my ears and wiping away my tears, leaving my cheeks damp. He hold my face up to his. "I will never let anybody ever touch you again without your permission, okay? I swear that on my life." 

He brings his lips to mine. Kissing me slowly. We have had many kisses in our time together, but none like this. Normally they are rough and fast. But this one, this one was slow and loving and full of passion. 

He brings my head into his chest again. I have lived through this pain before, and it was fucking horrible, I felt like I had nobody. But this time is different, this time I feel safe, I feel like, yes this is not going to be a fun ride, but I will be fine in the end. 

- Reid Xander -

She falls asleep in my arms. I slowly take her to the corner of the dark room that we are in. Only a few hours before she opened up to me about something very personal. She trusted me with it, and I need her to know that she can trust me no matter what. I feel my eyes getting heavy but I ignore it, I hear the locks on the door opening. 

River hears them to and sits next to me. I can hear her hyperventilating, I put my hands on her face. "River I need you to calm down, stay in the darkness." She nods her head and moves to the corner of the room where the light doesn't reach. 

I stand up, the door opens. Dante walks in with a tray. "Reid! You look good. Where is the darling River?" I scoff at the comment.

"Fuck you, you're not touching her." I reply, he shakes his head. He brings his hands up to the side if his head and taps two fingers forward. Two people come out from behind him holding a dish and a glass, and setting it down in front of me. They walk out and I look up at Dante, seeing him smiling. 

"I hope you have a great night. I will see you Both tomorrow." He saying making sure I get in the 'both'. He closes the door and River comes crawling out of the dark quickly and almost downing the entire glass of water. I take it out of her hands before she can finish it. 

"You have to save it, you don't know the next time we will get something okay?" I say in a soft tone, not wanting to sound rude or mad. She just smiles slightly and nods her head. She looks down and the food and starts to look pale. "River? Are you okay?" 

Before she can say anything, she quickly turns around and starts throwing up. I get up behind her, holding her hair and rubbing her back. She starts coughing and panting. "You okay?" She nods her head. She falls back on the floor, still panting slightly. 

She starts playing with her fingers and I push the hair that was in her face behind her ear. A tear rolls down her eye and she starts to cry. I pull her into my grasp and start playing with her hair. 

"I'm so scared." She says between sobs. I never want her to feel scared when she is with me, but I know I can't help her feelings when we are in this situation. 

"I know, bellissma. I know." She keeps sobbing and I try to comfort her. I grab her face and make her look at me. "You need to eat." She nods her head agreeing and I bring her to her plate. [beautiful]

She sits in my lap, bringing her knees up to her chest. We are still in the cloths we fell asleep in a few days ago, she wraps my shirt around her knees to get a bit more war, luckily my shirt is huge on her so it went over her knees easily. I grab the fork and put some of the pasta from the bowl and bring it up to her mouth. 

I don't want to push her with too much at a time so I only put a little on the fork, she puts her head out a little and wraps her mouth around the fork. She takes her time finishing the mouthful and when she finishes, she nods her head. 

We sit there for a while, she only has a few more bites and starts crying again. She buries her head in my chest and falls asleep, quickly, crying. I need to find a way out of here before Dante finds a way to hurt River again. 

....................................................

Word count: 1476

HEYY! I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating lately, I promise I will be more on it <3

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTEEEEE!!!!!!!