20

- Reid Xander -

I stand in front of my mirror in my room, fixing my tie when a gunshot takes my attention. l turn around to see the two guards that were at my door, gone. I open the door and look both ways before exiting my room. l choose to go right and start opening all the doors so l can find River.
It feels like forever until l find River. I open a door and see her standing there with tears in eyes her.

"Reid." she breaths, running up to me and throwing her arms a round me. I wrap my arms around her waist and bury my face in her neck.

"Fuck, tell me you're okay. Please."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" I get my head out of her neck and nod my head. "What was that gunshot?

"I don't know," I look behind me and go to the door, looking both ways again. "We need to go," I walk back and grab her hand to pull her with me, but she resists. I look at her in confusion.

"I'm scared. I can't stay here anymore and if you die, I know I'm supposed to be the best assassin but I can't take them all, I'll be all alone." I shake my head and grab her face.

"River look at me, I'm not dying, and you're not staying here for any longer, we are getting out right now okay?" She nods her head and I do too.

I grab her hand again and lead her out of the door. There are gunshots everywhere, coming from every direction so there is no where we can avoid them, we just have to be careful. 

I lead us left and we make our way to the main dining room, this is where we were going to be in just a few hours, where I was going to die. 

I find a gun on the floor and check if its loaded. It is, I point it at the big glass window and start shooting, after a few shots it breaks. I grab Rivers hand and we sprint into the woods thats on the other side. suddenly, she pulls me behind a tree to stop. 

"We cant just run, we don't know where we are, this is miles and miles of woods, we are going to get lost." She's right, I know from all the gun shots Alex is here. I don't know who he has brung but I would guess a lot. 

"RIVER!" We turn our head to see where the voice came from, but we can't see anybody, it sounded like a woman. 

"RIVER!" The voice is getting closer, yet we still can't see anything. Before I know it, River is running. 

"River!" I call out, running after her. I look ahead of her and see the woman she is running to. I have seen her around before but I don't know much about her. 

River runs into her arms, and they hug for a few seconds. "Fuck, thank god you're okay, I was so worried." The woman says.

"How did you know where we were?" She nods her head behind me and I turn around to see Alex. 

He walks up to me and hugs me. "Fuck Reid, I'm so glad you're okay. You are okay? Right?" I nod my head. 

"Thanks for coming." 

"Of corse," he looks behind me to River, "You okay?" She nods her head, and he looks back at me. "We gotta get out of here right now." I nod my head in agreement. 

He goes on his walkie talkie and calls his guys to go back to the base. I have no idea where this base is but that's fine. He tells us to follow him and we start running through the woods. 

We run for about 10 minutes before we get to a road where there is a van waiting for us. And the driver is non other than Dylan Jenkins. 

"Well don't just stand there, get in." He says, me, River and her friend get into the back of the car and Alex sits in the passenger seat. 

Dylan quickly drives off, speeding down the road, soon enough we make it to a house in the woods. 

We get out of the car and they lead us inside sitting us on the couch. River sits quite far away from me, I try to get closer but she just moves further away. 

I understand what she is trying to say so I let her have her space. We all just kind of sit here in silence when Alex phone rings. 

"Hello?" He answers. "Okay, we will be there soon." He says before hanging up the phone. He puts the phone back into his jacket. He looks back up at us, "The plane is ready for us back to Boston."

I nod my head and look over at River, she is just sitting there, playing with her fingers, not listening. I stand up and try to take her hand but she doesn't let me, she just stands up and heads for the door. 

I watch her leave and sigh, Her friend walks up behind me and pats me on the shoulder. "Don't worry, she just needs time." I look at her and nod. 

"Sorry, what's your name again?" She looks down at the ground and scoffs. 

"Aaliyah," She puts her hand out and I shake it. "Aaliyah Ryan." I nod my head and she goes for the door. 

Ryan, I know that name all too well. 

......................................................................................

Word count: 932 

Hey guyssss! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, first one in a while. Again sorry <3 

Anyway I would just like to let you know that I have made an instagram acc where I will be posting all of my updates and announcements like when chapters are coming out or smith like that so make sure to go follow it 

his.little.assassin 

also hope you enjoyed the little Taylor swift mention at the end, that was not coincidental. 

love you all <3

PLEASEEEEE COMMENT AND VOTEEEEEEE!!!!!