05

- Reid Xander -

The sun shines into the room and it wakes me up, I look at my clock to see its 6am. I groan and get up to close the blinds. I turn around and see River sleeping soundly on the bed, her night gown has risen up and it is sitting on the curve of her waist, giving me a perfect view of her round ass. 

I realise that I'm staring and knock any of those thoughts out of my mind. I go into the bathroom and run the shower, I take off my sweat pants and boxers and get into the shower. 

I am washing my hair when I hear a groan, I look at the door wondering what it was. Rivers voice speaks up. "Can you hurry the fuck up! I have a mission to be on in an hour." 

"You can wait another 15 minutes." I respond, I hear her groan again and laugh to myself. Soon enough I finish in the shower, I grab a towel and walk out of the bathroom. 

I open the door and River is standing there with a black long sleeve top and some tight pants in her hands, waiting for me. 

She looks at me then starts looking down at my V. I click my fingers in front of her and she looks back up at me. 

"If you want to fuck me so bad, all you have to do is ask." She scoffs and pushes her way past me to get to the bathroom. 

I laugh and head into the closet to get ready for the day, I have a few meetings and then I have training. I put on a suite and wall back into the main part of the bedroom. 

I put my rings and watch on and by the time I'm done River walks out of the bathroom in her all black outfit. 

She is holding a jacket in one hand and her phone in the other

She is holding a jacket in one hand and her phone in the other. I didn't bother speaking up asking what she was doing because she would most likely just shut me down. 

"Where are all of my knifes and guns?" she says first, I look up at her and respond. 

"In the top drawer of the island in the closet." She nods her head and goes in, she comes back with 5 knifes and 2 guns. I look at her concerned. 

"Don't worry, these aren't for you. I wouldn't use such god weapons on such a low life." I flip her off, she smirks. I head for the door but then remember something I had to tell river. 

"You need to be home and dressed nice before 6, okay?" I turn to walk away but she stops me.

"Why?" She asks. I turn back around and reply to her. 

"Because, we have an engagement party tonight. So be ready." She doesn't respond and gets back to packing a duffel bag for reason I don't care about. 

I walk out of the bedroom and to my office which is the next door down. I sit at my desk and pick up the phone. I dial main service and Martha, my favourite maid, answers. "Hello?" She speaks up. 

"Hey, Martha. Can you please get my father to call me as soon as he can." I hear her hum in response. I hang up the phone and get out the case file I have on a man we have been trying to hunt down for over a month now.