11

- River Moon -

I stand in front of a full length mirror and look at myself in my wedding dress, my hair and make up done, with a bouquet of flowers in my hand. I walk down the aisle in a matter of minutes, I had a vision when I was younger of when I got married. 

I would walk down the aisle with my father and I would be in a loving marriage. But neither of those things will be happening today. Aaliyah comes up behind me and smiles. "You ready?" 

I nod, she is wearing a beautiful beige dress, with spaghetti straps and a slit down the side. She puts out her arm, I look at her in confusion. "Don't worry, I would never let you walk down the aisle alone." She smiles again. 

I laugh slightly and link my arm with hers. The doors open and we start walking, I don't look up, too scared to see the look on peoples faces but Aaliyah nudges me to do so. I look up to see everybody standing and Reid at the end of the aisle. 

I give him a little smile, he gives me one back. I meet him at the end and I give Aaliyah one last hug before she sits down. "You look beautiful." Reid says.

"You don't." I say back, He laughs. He grabs both of my hands and we start the wedding. After The officiator says everything he needs to he asks Reid to bring out the rings. I haven't seen it yet so I'm kind of nervous that he picked out a bad one. 

He gets the ring out of his inside pocket on his jacket and opens it, it is a beautiful black ring. He gets it out of the box and puts the box back into his jacket. 

He puts the ring on my finger as he says 'I do' I look up at him as the officiator asks me the same questions

He puts the ring on my finger as he says 'I do' I look up at him as the officiator asks me the same questions. I reply, "I do." The officiator speaks up one last time. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, Reid you may kiss your bride." He doesn't take a second thought and pulls me In by my waist and kisses me. I kiss him back, putting my hands on his face but not wanting it to get to passionate I pulled away. 

He has a bit of lipstick on his mouth so I wiped it away with my thumb. He grabs my hands and we start walking back to sown the aisle. "Mrs Xander, I like that a lot." He says. 

"What makes you think that I will be changing my last name? I am known as River Moon, not River Xander. And I don't like it at all, it doesn't have a ring to it like Moon does." He holds up my left hand with the ring on it. 

"It does now." He says, I pull my hand back down and keep walking. I can't believe I am married to this man. 

We have started dinner and everybody is chatting and having a good time. Someone speaks up over the microphone. "It is time for the newly weds first dance." The mystery man says. I groan quietly, Reid stands up and drags me to the dance floor. 

I put one hand around his neck and the other with his hand next to us. He puts his hand on my waist and the other with mine. They start to play a slow dancing song and we start slow dancing. I avoid eye contact, looking down at my dress to onto his chest.