XIX. Visions

❧

I stood outside Nevermore Academy, dad's journal in my hand, shaking with anticipation of divulging in the mystery of the Hyde.

I walked right to Wednesday's dormitory and knocked on the door. A girl, dressed like she was the mortal God went to and borrowed hues and shades to lend color to the world, opened the door.

"Hi! You must be Rose. Wednesday told me that you would be coming here. I think she is still at the Beekeeping Club but she will be out soon. Why don't you grab a chair? Is your brother okay? Him fainting at the Poe Cup caused quite a stir. I am Enid by the way."

The girl seemed to have boundless energy and I was here for it.

"Hi Enid, it's really nice to meet you - and yes, my brother is doing fine now, thanks for asking", my eyes softened at his mention and I couldn't be more glad about the kind of people at this school who actually cared for each other.

Wednesday entered at that precise moment with Thing in tow.

"Let's go."

She led me to the archery grounds as we started discussing Lucas' vision.

" He saw the monster. My dad told me that it is called a Hyde and he didn't seem to know anything other than it's name, mostly just that it has an urge to kill."

I didn't want to go in the gruesome detailing of the Hyde's MO. It basically sounded like it just tortured people for fun, making them think they had a chance at escaping death and then straight up devouring them in the worst way possible. What a psychopath!

"Luke described that both of us were in an ancient abandoned mansion along with the monster in his vision. He also saw a crypt. I thought his vision might give us some sort of clues relating to the monster but so far I haven't been able to make the connection with the monster."

Wednesday looked satisfied with my explanation as she went on to tell me about her vision.

"I went to the forest the other night and I found Rowan's spectacles there. So that definitely happened. I had a vision about a book which is related to the Nightshades - a student society. Well, a society which according to our dorm mom Ugh didn't exist but I just happened to be there. The society is insipid to say the least."

"What, not much color for you?", I couldn't help teasing her.

She sent me a disapproving look and continued to talk.

"We are supposed to be in town for voluntary jobs. I will make some inquiries then."

"I happen to work there so I guess I will be joining you. Bye, Wednesday."