XLV. Discovering Teresa L. Glau

❧

Wednesday and I made our way to Weathervane, which seemed like a natural course to decide what we could further do.

"Hey, did you ever get in touch with your Uncle?", I had chosen to skip out on telling my entire history with Uncle Fester to Wednesday, feeling that it would just complicate things further.

"I have called him here to help us out. It was difficult tracing him, but Thing helped. He's on his way and will reach soon."

"That's great."

Tyler slid in beside me, bringing over a hot chocolate for me and a quad for Wednesday.

We sat there for a while in silence, when I received a text from Dad which lit up my entire face. "Emma's up, we can take her home." I thought I imagined a look of disinterest on Tyler's face when I said it before he gave me a warm smile. "That's great Rose."

I made my way to the hospital, only to be met with Kinbott and Dad in Emma's room. I noticed a gorgeous bouquet of yellow roses on the table.

"Dad, did you bring these?"

"No, Dr. Kinbott here brought them."

"Hi Rose!", she exclaimed, smiling at me. But only one thing was going on in my mind - the yellow roses in Laurel Gates' mansion, IT'S HER!

Ignoring the urge to run at that very moment to Wednesday and planning on how to get Xavier and Kinbott caught, I made my way to Emma who was looking frail.

"Rose!"

I went to her, pouring all my love and affection for her in one hug.

The ride home was basically Luke filling Emma in on everything that had happened, keeping her entertained and laughing.

I took Emma to the twins' room, settling her in.

Emma was home, Xavier was the monster, he would soon be behind bars and everything would be better.

Oh boy, call me Karen deliberately misgendering someone cause I couldn't have been more wrong.

I went to see Enid, hoping to make amends with her. I was practically having the entire rehearsal of the conversation I was going to have with her in my head, as I did not want things to get even worse.

I knocked on her dorm room, hesitant and fully about to run.

Emma opened the door, her smile quickly dropping, replaced with an expression of hurt and betrayal.

"Can we please talk?"

"Let me guess, it's something to do with the Hyde. You need a person to follow you into a death trap, or a stroll at some haunted location or maybe this time you want to sacrifice people."

"I came to apologize."

"I am surprised that's an option with you." Nevertheless, she opened the door, asking me to come in. "I heard that Weems sort of banned you from the campus after our little trip to that atrocity of a mansion."

I sighed in response, simply plopping down on her bed.

She laid down beside me.

"Things have been a complicated mess Enid. I got too wrapped up in the Hyde nonsense, but I promise you it's coming to an end very soon. I am sorry that I put you in dangerous situations, it was never my intent. I promise to never ever put you in a stupid, silly, life - threatening situation ever again."

There was a moment of silence as Enid was processing stuff. I turned to look at her, her face bore the expression of a very serious person, who looked like they were trying to negotiate with a terrorist.

"Be honest, did you rehearse this?", saying so, she smiled and soon the both of us were laughing.

The door opened, revealing as expressionless as ever, Wednesday.

"Wednesday, it's her, for sure. Enid and I saw yellow roses kept in Laurel's room that night and the other night at the hospital, guess who came bearing yellow roses."

Wednesday looked elated while Enid just gave me a seriously? expression.

"This is the last thing and then the Hyde's out of everyone's life forever."

"Okay, so after we came back from that mansion, incensed as I was, I wanted it be over as soon as possible for everyone's sake, so I tried to make some inquiries. Apparently, the mansion was purchased few years ago by a candy heiress. She died mysteriously but left everything to her caregiver Teresa L. Glau."

I gave Enid a grateful hug.

"It's an anagram for Laurel Gates", Enid piped up. That girl was full of surprises and I loved her for it.

"Wednesday, let's go."