XXV. Playdate

❧

I was sitting on Tyler's bed, laptop open, the movie Spiderman : Into the spider verse playing. I had left Wednesday to do what she wanted to do as I figured she wouldn't listen anyway. I was out walking Taco when Tyler called and asked if I wanted to hang out.

I told him that I was out with Taco when he said I should come to his place, as we and the dogs could hang out.

Elvis and Taco were downstairs while Tyler had gone to get some popcorn.

Was this a date? Ever since we had hung out at the café, we had been texting daily. Still, I was unclear as to what we were.

I took a calming breath and said to myself - this is just a playdate for our dogs.

I had long been thinking of asking Tyler if Elvis and Taco could have a play date, so all in all this worked out well.

Tyler came back with the popcorn and asked me if I wanted some.

"In a while."

He kept the bowl on the bedside table as he settled on the bed, both of us nestled cozily on his bed.

Tyler had placed his hand on mine and was rubbing circles on it subconsciously. I missed the contact as his hand left mine but my breath hitched as I felt his hand go up on my thigh. I held his hand, which he took as an indication to stop.

Before he could react further, I switched positions to straddle him and grabbed his shirt collar to pull him close for a kiss.

Our lips met, messy and eager, competing to gain dominance. Tyler Galpin kissed like he wanted to do nothing but kiss me all night.

He let out a groan and his hands grabbed my neck. It was like two opposing forces had finally collided; rough and willing. He placed kisses on my neck while I rubbed myself against him to create friction.

"Fuck, you are so hot."

He reached under my top to put his hand on my breast and grabbed the nipple in between his fingers pinching it harshly through the flimsy fabric of my bra.

This felt like a much needed release for the tension between both of us and I let out a content moan.

I was taken aback and pleased in equal amounts as he harshly bit on my neck and hurried to unhook my bra.

It was at that moment when my phone rang.

"Ignore it", Tyler said in a misplaced dominance contrary to his usual guy next door demeanor.

I fully meant to do it except the phone rang once again.

I pulled myself away from him, both of us looking at each other with unconcluded desire in our eyes, to ravage each other for eternity.

I picked up the call to be greeted with the voice of the person who had gotten herself into a mess, single handedly destroying our sleuthing and my love life.

"Hi, I think I messed up. Xavier knows I only invited him to the dance as a cover up."